What do you collect besides Legendaries, pearls, and seraphs?

I am certain that 99% of the players still playing BL2 collect legendary etc. gear. Part of why we’re still playing.

But what besides legendary type stuff do you collect? My always cache list includes;

• Pimpernels and sand hawks, which is kinda obvious.
  • Anarchist pistols. I love Anarchists, still think they should be legs. I save every one I get.
  • Cat class mods. Always looking to upgrade my Cats for that sweet SMG damage. My current highs is a lvl 33 SMG damage +89%.
  • Stockpile relics. For anything other than the Peak I’m always wearing a Stockpile relic with Sniper boost and hopefully SMG. My best is a Stockpile with Sniper/SMG/Pistol +65%. No ammo worries there.

What non-legendaries do you hoard?

3 Likes

I always kept any really good gemstone weapons i got. Rock ravenger with matching grip being the best i ever found

2 Likes

Gemstone guns really are the most collectible of collectibles. I actually have an all-Torgue rock Ravager too - a mind boggling find. Mostly citrine Jakobs.

• Good roid shields are always keepers as are corresponding teslas. Rough Riders.
  • Zero fuse longbow singularities. Quasars obviously but that falls under your “other than legs”.
  • Low level (Legendary) Sniper COMs. Multiple blue and purple Krieg COMs. Multiple Monks for Sal.
  • Stockpiles and health relics for Krieg (and to a lesser degree Sal) ; cooldowns for Maya and Zer0 ; allegiances.
1 Like

I don’t keep shields, interestingly. If I’m not wearing a legendary shield I’m always wearing an Adaptive, and those are so super easy to find as drops or vendor items I don’t ever feel the need.

I think the only gemstone I’ve kept is a diamond Weisenheimer just cuz it’s so rare.

2 Likes

Blue and Purple Class Mods.
White Immunity Turtle Shields
0 fuse betties, bonnies
Topneaa
Bonus Launcher
Plasma Casters
Blaster
Droog
Moloko
Duuurp!

Weisenheimer, lol

2 Likes

In the Vanilla game there are a few mission rewards I get just so I have as many decent weapons in all the element across all the weapon types:

The Octo, especially if I don’t have a good shotgun of any sort
The 1340 Shield so I have some kind of absorption shield to lean on for a bit.
The Heartbreaker
The Sloth
The Morning Star
The Lascaux
The Sheriff and Deputy Badges

Some of the mission cycles are so lengthy, but when I feel like it I do like to get:

The Teapot
The Triquetra
The Hydra
The Kitten

4 Likes

Tediore plasma castors, just in case I want to bang my head against the wall by trying a PC chucking Krieg or Axton.

Lyudas…for some reason I can never find the right balance of zoom and other parts. Oh and of course they drop at 1-2 levels below my current level.

But ultimately it takes so long to farm something that I usually forget why I wanted it in the first place…

4 Likes

I’ve saved every single red text item at op8 and I managed to get the best prefixes for all of them. I’ve got 5 characters and they’re all almost completely full lol. I also save every purple allegiance relic I find and the decent relics that drop from loot midgets. It took forever to get it all lol.

1 Like

Uuuuh, on Xbox alone I have 100 characters and they’re all mostly full :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thats what playing 4-9 hours a day for 7-8 years will do to yah.

3 Likes

Jesus that’s dedication lol. I only keep my op8 gear, I replace things if I find better parts and I vend all my lower gear. If I start a new character I just use up my keys. Working on getting a ps4 but I heard you lose all your skins when you cross save, is that true?

1 Like

I keep all levels because I create new characters regularly to do various challenges for myself. Looking at the program I wrote to manage my gear, I have collected 3,872 legendaries across all platforms.

No, no, I don’t have a problem! Or at least it’s manageable…

4 Likes

wow do I feel like a putz. I ‘only’ have ~400 hours in on BL2 and genuinely feel like a babe in the woods still… One day I hope to get to the point where I have one of each character maxed out with great gear. Super inspiring to know there are others who enjoy the game as much as I do

4 Likes

No no no. You’re just starting out, you’re doing great. At 400+ hours you’re ahead of 90% of the folks who’ve every played BL2.

And if you like it like the few of us who still hand around here, you’ll have a whole lot more hours of challenge and enjoyment.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. FWIW, I honestly don’t quite get the idea of stopping playing BL2 (or to a lesser extent, BL1 and TPS - I still haven’t gotten around to starting 3 yet, simply because I haven’t got the time. But I will…). BL2 is an endless source of ridiculous fun to me. It is simply the most fun game I have ever played (even better than Quake, which I also still play nearly daily). I have a feeling it is going to be with me for a very long time… As noted, one day I hope to be one of the smart folks in the community, but you all set a really high bar. Thank you!

2 Likes

Although I don’t have Raven’s Malcolm Gladwell hours, I’m in the 4000 range and there are quite a few of us even though we’re not around on the forum much.
I’ve never run out of stuff to do.

On topic : forgot to add purple Muckamucks.

2 Likes

I would collect these but Lyudas exist. And since I have a Lyuda at every level starting at 9 (I have 5 lvl 9s) I have all the Vladoff goodness I need.

And the “10,000 hours to be an expert” thing has been debunked many times :slight_smile: Heck, I can debunk it by not being able to get to OP7 :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Rocketters! Among way too many things… :astonished:

Just found that baby on Tina’s Dragonkeep stand alone.
I’m also found of Muckamuck, DAHL snipers and “pure manufacturer variants”.

3 Likes

Human organs.