What does and does not proc Samsara?

Does the DOT effect left behind from fracture trigger samsara? What about the novas from revelation?

I just wanted to ask how it is with “Ties that Bind”. Disappointing.

@JerZey_CJ as far as I have seen, the floor doesn’t trigger any of the skills that want Action Skill Damage. And technically it’s right that way as the floor is just a leftover of the initial attack, that is the Fracture-wave.

The easiest way to keep them up is going down the FoE tree, and using Fist Over Matter. It will lift the person up and hold them in place, and smash the ground 5 times, which guarantees your 5 stacks of Samsara. (28 Second Cooldown)

If you go down the Mythical Assault Tree, Tier 2, you can invest 5 points into, Restless which gives you a 25% Cool Down Reduction. This will bring it down to about 22-24 seconds, and when you get Guardian ranks you can apply those to CDR as well, and get it pretty close to 20 seconds eventually.

That means you will only have about 2-5 seconds at any given time in any fight where you won’t have your Samsara stacks, which is pretty effective.

If you want to face punch, this might be a good option if you want stacks of Samsara up as much as possible:

But I would recommend just dealing with the 8 second downtime of Samara, and instead do this, this will give you insane amounts of health, and healing thanks to Samsara:

Unfortunately, fracture leftover doesn’t trigger it and I don’t think deliverance does either. idk about revelation. I wish all of them did to give me more options

1 Like

Revelation does not. I find Downfall is the best for getting max stacks consistently but is offset by its long cooldown.

I prefer the phasegrasp one with the 5 fists. The CD more closely matches the duration of samsara and the 15 sec damage reduction skill but its nice to have another option.

Hello! This is my build I am planning to use with One Pump Chump with infusion, phasezerker and insane reload speed.
Can anyone tell me what action skill+augment to chose for Samsara procs - you will see in the link, I dont have access to Fist over matter, so what else?

Thank you!

It doesn’t, though. It’s bugged and often won’t give you stacks properly. This happens constantly to me. I’ve noticed that the fist sometimes doesn’t hit the grasped target, which might in turn be the reason Samsara doesn’t proc. So the bug might not be Samsara in this case, but rather Fist Over Matter.

I suspect that the vertical hit range of Fist Over Matter is too short, making the lifting of the target from the Phasegrasp effect counter its own damage by only hittings things below it.

Sometimes I get one hit in though, while the rest fail.

2 Likes

Huh, that is interesting, I can’t say I have experienced that yet. I have always gotten my stacks, even grabbing Eridian flying enemies or flying varkids, it still doesn’t have trouble hitting them, the fists just come out in the air near them.

Yeah, well, it’s very hit or miss for me (literally). It’s like 25-30% of the times it will fail and I might only get one stack of Samsara from it. I’ve tested this some and I can’t count how many times I’ve watched the fist have a go at something and the procs just won’t come. That’s when I noticed that the target sometimes doesn’t take any damage from the fist, and I’m not talking about resists or immunity here, but just regular mobs.

The Legendary Phasezerker class mod grants 10% additional Action Skill cooldown per stack of Rush she has, and it adds another 5 stacks to the total as well granting full stacks after triggering her Action Skill, but at the cost of the stacks decaying over time. Also grants 3% weapon damage per stack. So at 15 with the mod itself that’s 150% cooldown, with the extra 10 from Avatar that’s 250%

Do the Nimbus cloud procs samsara?

Agreed. Luckily most of my sustain comes from phaselock CC and melee lifesteal relics anyway, but samsara would have been a massive help

1 Like

The numbers don’t workout that way when you time it. The 10% per stack isn’t giving exactly that IMO. You get more from skills and relics that give action skill time more than you get from phasezerker. It still helps, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not as huge of a boost as it seems on paper.

Yeah I’m doing the same, F’ing enemies has saved my ass countless times.
I do love a good F on a big group of enemies, feels great.

Has anyone tested the Nimbus or Elementalist Legendary mods to see if their effects proc Samsara then?

Anybody else using phasecast feel like it’s really inconsistent as to whether phasecast procs Samsara stacks.

Not sure if it’s simply a bug with the UI icon being displayed but at times I hit/ kill 2-3 enemies with Phasecast and don’t see the Samsara icon on my buffs bar at all.

Will try do some testing over the weekend to confirm.

2 Likes

Yes for sure, I am trying to build for a AS damage amara but samsara doesnt proc oit of any damage from my phasecast any of the variations. nothing seems to do it.

If you want a skill that you can easily get and will work with a caster build use fracture. it procs it and since you can cast it 2 times with avatar you can get to 5 stacks easy

Agree. Have the same problem. Not sure if it’s not working or the icon just doesn’t appear. Hope they’ll fix it sooner or later. But for now on i won’t be using samsara on my fasecast build:(

1 Like