I know it affects most bullet-firing guns, but for 101 purposes and curiosity, I ask what it affects how. I’m especially curious after I tried it with an Octo and got all pellets doing a crazy swirl towards the nearest target, while trying the same with a normal shotgun lasered all pellets home…but a Sand Hawk spread was diminished to what looked like a single ricochet.
Works with the following weapons that I’ve found; unless specifically mentioned, assume that the bullets/pellets laser to the nearest detected target(s).
- normal Bandit/Torgue/Vladof assault rifles – shots have a chance to ricochet off surfaces toward enemies; Bandit/Vladof
- normal Dahl assault rifles
- normal Jakobs rifles (all non-Torgue barrels) – 100% chance for all non-Torgue barrels
- [Da] Blaster – burst-firing near a target guarantees hits from all beams
- [Vl] Blaster – has a natural property of ricocheting shots, which looks visually similar to “Close Enough”; however, the bolt’s natural ricochet will be at a relative angle to impact, while its unnatural altering (from “Close Enough”) will laser toward the nearest enemy.
- [Vl] Hail – best used when aiming level at a wall (or higher up a slope) to force bullet elevation (due to red-text effect), which then rain back down, lasering towards nearby enemies.
- Logan’s Gun – all sub-projectiles retained
- Torgue Unkempt Harold – all projectiles retained
- normal Bandit/Hyperion/Jakobs/Tediore/Torgue shotguns – all pellets retained
- [Ba] RokSalt
- [Hy] Butcher; Shotgun 1340
- [Te] Deliverance
- Tediore Blockhead – all blocks retained; may head to one target, or split off
- Torgue SWORDSPLOSION!!! – swords bounce away from blast and toward nearby enemies.
SUBMACHINE GUNs (SMGs):
- normal Bandit/Hyperion/Maliwan/Tediore SMGs – lasers toward enemies
- normal Dahl SMGs – lasers toward enemies; has better chance when burst-fired
- normal Hyperion/Jakobs/Maliwan sniper rifles – 100% ricochet
- normal Dahl sniper rifles – 100% hip-fire; percentage when burst-fired
- Maliwan Storm Front – retains all bolts