What does D.A.R.P.A.W. stand for?

Probably a stupid question, but Google gives me nothing. Anyone know?

where was that?

It’s a Fl4k class mod.

it might be a nod to Metal Gear Solid. In MGS you had an organisation called DARPA, wich is an acronym for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. Based on what the class mod do I think its possible. D.A.R.P.A.W with a W cuz Fl4k has pets with paws, I dont know lol.

2 Likes

Look, I’m being serious here, have you honestly never heard of D.A.R.P.A (most often written without the periods) outside of MGS?

1 Like

I don’t know about MGS but DARPA is a real govt agency. It’s been responsible for creating a few semi-important things like…the Internet and GPS (among many others).

2 Likes

Realy? lol, I didnt know there was a real DARPA. I’m not a US resident so im not too savy on Us government agencies but thats nice to know! Now I realy badly want to play MGS again

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a pretty well known Defense research agency. A lot of current technology was invented or got it’s start there. Unix, Windows, SIRI are more examples. This is a newer thing they created that is pretty cool…3D interactive holographic maps (that don’t require glasses)…

1 Like

Thats pretty cool, ill have to read on them. Thanks for the info, nice learn new things

So, it’s DARPA, for pets? Makes sense, I suppose. Thanks, all!

1 Like