What exactly is the point of Urad and Deathless now?

Catering to this mentality is how we got to common criticism of Gearbox power creeping the game.

I’m not saying the mentality is bad, it’s subjective, but people already criticise the power creep in a variety of ways. What you’re saying is “the power creep I personally enjoy is good”, and unfortunately at some point a line has to be drawn in the sand, because not everybody likes the same things.

For example, if I was balancing this game, I might do some things differently (there’s a lot to take in so I’m being deliberately vague here). If I were designing this game (even by committee / team), there’d be other things done differently (which would inform / have knock-on to balance choices made).

But when it comes to feeling penalised, it’s simply always going to happen. If not to you, then to someone else. A buff isn’t going to make everybody happy. A nerf isn’t going to make everybody happy. Buffs can be more fun, sure. But in that case, believe me, BL3 has had a lot more buffs going for it than nerfs. Across the board.

10 Likes

Nah, it’s the fact you have an additional bonus element that is greater than URad. Even before the URad nerf, you got more damage on gun builds going something like Consec + revolter than doing URad + revolter, because boosting the damage of the stronger bonus element led to more overall damage than adding a second weaker one.

URad was already made partially redundant by Revolter before this change. The only situation where running both is optimal is in non-gun based setups, which imo isn’t that big of a deal.

As has been said numerous times, there are very few builds were you actually want to switch your anoints around as part of this change. If you’re using a gun build and don’t care about the damage of anything else then sure, N2M is a good replacement where you can make it work, but otherwise URad is still a 100% bonus element that is always on. That still has its perks.

10 Likes

I have made this point in a couple different threads now and totally agree. There ARE other playstyles to BL3 than the action skill spam-type playstyle, and an always-on anointment is really helpful to give you more damage and flexibility in those builds (e.g., Gamma).

5 Likes

That’s why i always ask for them to remove the mayhem weaponscaling :wink:

I’ve seen Transformers in vending lately

2 Likes

If the front loader was changed to to take 60% health but gave double that as shield, so -60% health +120% shield, I could see it having much more of a use than it does now

I dont use a deathless or front loader. on Moze with Urad. I used a Pearl. This is cause I am building towards a Bloodletter Cryo splash setup.

By this I use the bloodletter, with Urad, Skag Den/Surplus and Cryo I get 3 dots meaning more fire rate. Surplus dosent get a lot of action as I am not always deploying the suicide cub.

I use the Madcap to tank, I dont have DLC6 but the Revolter’s effect has the same problem as Surplus and less capacity.

3 Likes

I get that, but your shield would be close to 1k with a deathless, bloodletter, triple turtle madcaps on Moze…lol

If I kill fast enough then I do not need to.

2 Likes

There’s been alot of talk about the deathless but the best one that works with Urad Imo is the atom balm version that enhances your rad damage and with a radiation damage and area effect rolls on it,my Moze rad explosions are doing what they were before the nerf and still deleting anything in her way and it just completely wreck’s.I have very good survivability and use old gods,mad cap,infernal
wih,transformer and super soldier to suit the situation

Carigun is correct.Speed Kills … the faster you can take them out means they can’t kill you

3 Likes

@Noblechillz Obviously many Urad builds require Deathless. The Urad damage by itself is very strong, but the Atom Balm just synergizes so well with the Urad - it’s like PB&J. Two peas in a pod! Two bullets in a mag!

You don’t have to use an Atom Balm with a Urad setup - but damn if it doesn’t just makes it that much better. I love builds where all the gear and skill selections complement each other this well.

2 Likes

I just sent an Atom Balm to someone on my friends list- I really have to try this build one day…

1 Like

N2M and similar don’t really benefit short fuse or Skag den or big surplus while Urad does, right? That alone should make Urad considerably more powerful on Moze than most if not all other 100% bonuses, since those skills are where most of her damage comes from.

On Amara action skills can be a big part of your damage so again Urad seems clearly very beneficial over most other annoints, then there’s melee builds too that ought to get great mileage out of Urad. Then there’s Rak Attack Fl4k builds etc. Seems like a lot of really strong use cases for Urad across most of the VHs so I’m struggling to see an issue with it honestly.

Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been reading through a lot of the damage formula threads recently and that’s my recollection.

3 Likes

My soul for an Atom Balm Deathless.

I’ve tried a Frontloader to get under the 50%, then used an Atom Balm no urad relic. But it seems like a compromise. Still yearning for the day I can find a proper Atom Balm Deathless. Supposedly Phoenix is the mini-boss to farm, but I rarely get deathless from her. Mostly Phoenix tears.

Ruiner is dropping lots of Deathless variants… I got an Ice Spiker Deathless just last night…

1 Like

I think gearbox really missed the mark with the annoint changes.

The entire point was everyone was using Urad and the other general, non-charater specific annoints and wrongly assumed that it was simply because those were too strong and the character specific ones too weak. They might be a small part of it.

But by far the biggest reason, at least for me personally, and why I still use the nerfed annoints is that they are just the most consistent. You get bonus damage/value just by simply using your guns and it’s there whether or not you have your action skill on cooldown.

The other annoints too easily lead to lopsided damage output where you either have damage while using your action skill or you have damage only after it ends.

5 Likes

Aren’t you on Xbone? I’ll send you one if so.

1 Like

Having rad applied to everything makes it better damage increase even now.

I never used it before but by god… I have a flak that destroyes everything without ever firing a bullet :joy:

1 Like

Iron Cub says hello.

2 Likes

Yep,still blowing sh** up on all 4 vh’s with atom balm deathless builds and with very good survivability even on FL4K and Amara.

2 Likes