What goes on in your head?

This is a question that i have been wondering about and now im saying it: “if your team is way overpowering the other team, are you having fun? After massacring the other team for five minutes and they call a surrender and it passes, are you having fun? Are you happy with the fact that you just ended a match quickly and possibly diminished the battleborn population by five players?” Someone answer this please.

4 Likes

All I think is - Git Gud.

Well, it’s a joke, but sometimes not so much.

I know that they would do the same if they were in my shoes at that exact moment. Every single one who plays a multiplayer game wants to win (at least I think so). If my team (and myself) are better than them - it’s really not the problem of our team if they are losing quickly.

1 Like

No, but what exactly do you want me to do? Let them win? Drag out a match they can’t win and thus prolong the duration in which realistically neither team is having fun? I’ll push the objective and try to end the game faster so that all parties can attempt to find a more balanced and competitive match. What more do you want?

11 Likes

I think, now that the match is over it’s time for another.

I do not check player levels before the match, I just play the game and if I win, I win.

I fight whoever fights me. If a bad player keeps attacking me then he will soon realize he shouldn’t.
On the rare occasion an enemy is so bad I feel sorry for them, I will get them below half health and taunt them til they run away so they know they screwed up so bad the enemy doesn’t even want to kill them anymore.

2 Likes

I honestly see no problem with it. I’ve had it happen to me just about as many times as I’ve done it myself. I play with randoms and if it’s not meant to be then it’s not meant to be. They have the surrender option for that exact reason. Yeah I’m pissed when my healer thinks they’re a tank but hey, I can only do my best and yell so loudly hahaha

Don’t let them win, but don’t killchase and killstomp all the time. Let them try and attack you, see what they do, then scare them away. Or observe the newbs as Pendles, it’s kind of cute. I do have fun seeing what new players do, and I have way more fun doing what you call “dragging it out” rather than just stomping.

Essentially, it’s either

1. Go straight for the objective, but only kill if really necessary (so no spawncamping or kill-on-sight)
  2. Don’t go straight for the objective, and mess around. Maybe have a taunt party. Don’t killstomp though. Quick-melee to greatness. Let yourself relax and let them run away if they try.

Note: I don’t think you are saying you killstomp, you are doing pretty much what my No. 1 is, I think…

The real problem is when players rock total cancer comps, loadouts, and playstyles, ganking like crazy and all that. Taunting after every kill. It’s extremely annoying and anti-fun.

8 Likes

[quote=“MeltedCow, post:6, topic:1561688”]Go straight for the objective, but only kill if really necessary (so no spawncamping or kill-on-sight)
Don’t go straight for the objective, and mess around. Maybe have a taunt party. Don’t killstomp though. Quick-melee to greatness. Let yourself relax and let them run away if they try.

Note: I don’t think you are saying you killstomp, you are doing pretty much what my No. 1 is, I think…

The real problem is when players rock total cancer comps, loadouts, and playstyles, ganking like crazy and all that. Taunting after every kill. It’s extremely annoying and anti-fun.
[/quote]

I don’t disagree and I I generally do what you outlined number one there. I’m just confused by the topic creator critiquing ending matches quickly which seems to suggest a belief that you shouldn’t be pushing the objective (correct me if I’m misinterpreting). I check CRs before the match, pick my weakest characters if it’s unbalanced in my favor, and just do what it takes to win the match. I don’t think it’s my responsibility to keep a match going longer than it needs to and I don’t really think that makes things more fun for anyone involved.

1 Like

I play to win, plain and simple. I am not known to hold back when I play any of my competitive games; as someone who’s played a lot of fighting games, I feel that does both me and my opponent a disservice if I don’t play to the full extent of my knowledge and capabilities.

I know how that sounds. I make it a point not to go out of my way to bust some potentially new person’s chops, but I’m not going to go easy on you just because you happen to be inexperienced. As I said before in a different thread, if you are not on my team, you are nothing more than another obstacle I have to overcome on my path to those 7 lovely, glowing letters. May the better player win.

Observation: Is that too harsh? Serious question.

1 Like

Not harsh at all, only reason I got better at the game was getting stomped. I took mental notes, saw my mistakes, saw how they were able to stomp and learned. Adopt those same tactics and your game gets better. Once I started using my mic, talking to people, my game improved significantly.

1 Like

I do not have fun stomping new players, we usually surrender (exept the time we bought lootpacks… It was a bad idea to surrend).

We once tried to allow the new players push, but that was worst, a friend was in their team and he noticed what we were doing, we just prolonged the match.

I am probably the worst boldur and a friend the worst galilea, our friend who usually go tank tried to heal and our harassers tried to play nerfed characters, we won and actually we played a meta comp without knowing. That was worst than before.

We tried to use the worst helix path so i used ambra with her crappy helixes, i think i have a stream about. Still we won.

At this point i(we) dont know what to do. I have never had a group before i usually solo or duo, but now i have to much fun playing with my friends, i dont wanna go back to solo.

We try to end their sentry asap, kill when they refuse to retreat. I dont know we can do, we just want to have fun.

You know when i have fun? When i get taunted and taunt. I hate this mentality of taunt is bad, and i have seen players who do it to be aholes.

1 Like

If it’s a low level team or a game that’s proving particularly 1 sided I go with option #1, @MeltedCow

Only difference is, if I know it’s going to be uneven before the start I go with Ghalt or Montana instead of a weaker character and focus thralls/sentry. Not many battleborn can go at the enemy sentry as hard as those 2 and their dps is such that I can easily scare people off without killing them if they’re willing to back off.

Getting stomped is no fun, but getting stomped over a long period when the other team could have ended it is disgusting. I’ve had several lower level players pm after a match like above thanking me for just ending the match quickly instead of drawing it out.

3 Likes

You mean playing competitive? See, while in some respects I would agree with you, the problem is that this game gives ZERO outlet other than the main public queue to play competitively.

Ganking as you call it is ambushing. Cancer comps? Meta comps you mean? A team has to feel guilty about playing the best characters? Good load outs and top notch playstyles?

Where melted cow, are these people supposed to play with the good load outs and good characters? The problem is NOT the players playing good load outs and using good tactics - the problem is GbX not giving these players ANYWHERE to play other than the main incursion comp. You sir are blaming the wrong people.

TLDR : you sir are blaming the wrong people.

1 Like

No, and i will always call for surrender during such stompings (if i can), most of which i sit out (low-levels); if my team starts farming kills, i’ll see how many shards i can get, or just defend a capture point. Last night, my team was getting Old Man Cranky for the umpteenth time, and i was defending the objective nearest the enemy base, as Toby. I kept two of the low-levels at bay, but didn’t kill them; then a third and eventually a fourth one came, i got my one kill on their Orendi to avoid death, and told my team that they had better come defend the objective, because i refused to kill more of them.

If my team is around the same skill level as the other team, then yes because it means our teamwork is better than theirs. If for example i’m part of a premade going against a team of low levels, i tend to just play the objectives and only kill when necassary.[quote=“oyvast1, post:1, topic:1561688”]
After massacring the other team for five minutes and they call a surrender and it passes, are you having fun?
[/quote]

It isn’t and it’s a shame that the other team got massacred. However i’ve been on the receiving end of massacres and surrenders and think i to myself, “what what went wrong, what can i do to avoid it, what can i improve on.” And what’s cool is that if and when’s there’s a rematch against the same team, there are noticeable changes and there’s a higher chance of winning for the massacred team maybe even a win. Sure some peeps have natural skill when it comes to this game but some people get better keep on playing and learning others playstyles, habits and tactics. Failure is not falling down but refusing to get back up.[quote=“oyvast1, post:1, topic:1561688”]
Are you happy with the fact that you just ended a match quickly and possibly diminished the battleborn population by five players?"
[/quote]

I feel like this implies that after a really bad match said players quit the game. It’s true this game has a high learning curve and those of us who played longer have an advantage (and some have questionable tastes in sportsmanship) but i don’t think one bad match or is enough to make people quit, maybe constant losses. but a good way to combat this is to learn the ins and outs of the game mode, and make some friends that you can always play with so can get used to to each others, for example most of the best teams on ps4 do this. There is always a way. this is has great advice for even veteran players.

Am I having fun? No. I desire a challange. Prey that fights back. The kind of opponents that die with at least enough difficulty to look badass in my montages. Haza for being edgy.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes it is. Because going all out will definitely discourage noob/new players from continuing to play, and in a game with so little players, we need all we can get…

4 Likes

Well, I don’t know what to tell you. I could apologize, but it may sound hollow.

I don’t like holding back. I physically feel uncomfortable holding back, and as I said earlier, I don’t think it does either of us any good for me to do so.

Note that I’m not talking about “tier-whoring” or anything of the sort. Regardless, if that makes me a villain, so be it.

If you are physically uncomfortable holding back, I think you may have some sort of problem dude… lol…

3 Likes

Well thats selfish, you know the state of the game and you decide to ignore it for your own benefit.

3 Likes

At this point in the game’s state - i would equate it to no worse than running around in 5 mans with vets…

EDIT - both are perfectly fine things and no one should be embarrassed about them