What Have They Done To Maliwan Weapons?!?

Just got my first couple Maliwan weapons.

My beloved Maliwan SMGs are sustained fire beam weapons now?!?

Why?

To pay homage to my least favourite laser weapon type in the Pre-Sequel?

Shotguns must be charged and do an AoE splash now?

I guess that’s like Splatguns from 2, minus the charging…

Ugh.

Even though I do like the fact that Maliwans can switch between shock and corrosive (does that mean there are no fire Maliwan guns?), I really don’t know how I feel about this…

I didn’t like the change much either. Loved Maliwan in BL2 but not much of a fan now. I believe you’ll find them in all elements and not just shock and corrosion

3 Likes

Yea I feel like Maliwan weapons kinda got shafted havent found one that didnt behave different yet

1 Like

@Montayva88

Yeah, I just found a Fire / Shock shotgun.

Thunderball fists pistol doesnt have the charge mechanic and its effect looks cool this time around

1 Like

I was hoping that the shotgun I got was one of a few styles the charge up to fire mode does not work for my shotgun style.

But yeah I have shock radiation and fire corrosive toggles so I can say they do come in a variety of elemental flavors.

1 Like

The shotguns seemed useless to me. They’re supposed to be close quarters but losing precious time charging the gun and not firing doesnt help much in tough fights

3 Likes

@ELPRESADOR

100 percent agree.

I’m trying to find legendary shotguns/ smgs that fire different. It doesnt matter as much on snipers.

1 Like

Please keep us updated!

Honestly trying out the jakobs hellwalker. Its fire element and a DOOM reference. I just noticed the doom sound picking it up. Ik it’s not maliwan but it’s really good. It practically ignores shields

1 Like

That sounds very cool indeed!

Ok some more. The super ball pistol. Shoots orbs that bounce around. Possibly really good in confined space with splash. The trevonator similar to splatgun no charge shoots straight no arc. Destructo spinner SMG while firing it swaps between both elements. Krakotoa maliwan sniper has charging but fires continuous rounds

1 Like

Ok I just found a Fire Maliwan SMG that fires normal bullets…well…normally.

Cool.

Er…hot?

Haha what’s the name without the prefix?

1 Like

@ELPRESADOR

It’s just a lowly White Rarity, but it’s full name is Hostile Powerplay.

Yea I’ve had those I’d liked them a lot leveling up

1 Like

I kind of agree, luckily there’s different barrel types, but only one is actually good for each weapon type. With shotguns there’s no way to get around a small delay, and SMGs always have a delay. The beam ones are at least hitscan.
The good ones are really fun, it’s just a shame that certain barrel types are autotrash for me. They get the job done but I always prefer the ones which can fire uncharged and are semi-auto.

I found a cryo one with a cryo efficiency of 270%, and it was just a crappy green one. The shockwave ones seem good for applying status effects, especially freezing dudes.

Oh, and a nice thing about Maliwan this time is that they have decent splash. Good for dudes holding shields or hiding behind cover.

1 Like

That is true splash in this game is definitely improved mayhem mode kind of throws a wrench in the works though. Sometimes elements are useless and non elemental wrecks

1 Like

I’m glad to know I’m not alone in my initial impressions of maliwan.

1 Like