What is it about the Bee / Sandhawk on Sirens?

And don’t forget Reaper! :point_up:t3:

3 Likes

Treants are in the (something) forest. Quite early in the DLC.
Drop rate are probably the same. Some will tell you that with a fast machine , a Quasar or some other specific Singularity grenade and if you’re good. You can farm Hellquist faster than the 3 or 4 Treants. (The first one don’t give anything.)
You and me? Treants.
They can be a pain thou. I suggest honing your skills friending Pixies. Speed and protection bonus are life saver and really help going from point A to point B.

3 Likes

Literally the second stage of the main story. There’s a better chance over all than Hunter Hellquist simply because there are more spawns per run that have a chance to drop the shield. ALL my found Bee shields have come from the Forest - not had a single one from Hyperion Truth Broadcasting.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me…I’ll try the treants. It’s been quite a long while since I went to Tina’s world. Should be interesting.

Aside from the relic for 5% drop increase, is there anything else you can do to raise discovery in BL2?

2 Likes

That went well. I took my level 55 mechromancer in, since she had the Forest unlocked. A level 54 Bee dropped on the fourth pass, so this will give me a nice upgrade to the level 50 one that Axton has right now, as soon as he hits 54. The joys of having characters all over the map!

2 Likes

The relic only help for rare as in “blue rarity” generic drop. Not special drops. Unless I’m mistaken.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. I think I do remember hearing that instead of it increasing the drop chance of rare items, it decreases the chance of common items to drop. So it’s kind of backwards if that happens to be true

1 Like

Some rng formula shenanigans of that nature. That’s pretty much what I remember too.

2 Likes

The detailed description is in one of the “Inside the Box” articles on loot. Basically what you remember is correct - fewer chances for white stuff, and those chances are distributed out amongst all the other categories on a relative basis. Which means for all practical measures more greens and blues, a few more purples, and barely moving the needle on orange. Note that this applies to world drops from all sources, and does not affect designated drop loot chances.

4 Likes

So in theory it would be a good relic during the mercenary loot train farm? That might help my luck a bit, I’ve been going crazy for a Topneaa lately :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think someone did actually calculate out all the revised odds. Not sure if it’s really worth it? You’d need to have it equipped before the loot boxes on the train opened, but I’m not sure when exactly for it to make a difference (depends on when the loot in the boxes is generated.) Try it, I guess?

3 Likes

It seems to have been agreed upon that the only potential use for the relic is Cobra farming - I wonder if it would increase the drop chance for the Chopper and Twister.

2 Likes

from Demonite

6 Likes

How is he using so many grenades? Isn’t there a cap?

2 Likes

With 5/5 in grenadier skill and a master grenadier com with +6 in grenadier the max grenade you can carry is 21. :wink::wink:

Oh add in a stockpile with +4 grenades you can carry 25.

4 Likes

Not for Axton :wink:

3 Likes

It’s comical how many nades the guy can carry. An absolute powerhouse

2 Likes

I need to really start trying to get more mods for this guy. I’d love to be able to carry a suitcase full of grenades.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you know this (but posting this anyway for the benefit of all reading who may not know), but if you’re gonna farm the Treants, take Aubrey’s Tree Hugger quest but don’t do anything with it. It’ll clear the orc village of most of the orcs. Also, make your way to the exit to Immortal Woods, exit, and then reenter the Forest. Each time you quit/restart in your farming runs you’ll start there (close to the orc village), saving you some time.

Edit: this is mainly for quickly farming the treants that are over in the bloodfruit pool. (I generally don’t bother with the other treants elsewhere along the main map path.)

4 Likes