What is wrong with matchmaking?

Why do i get matched with people who know nothing about the game at all against teams of good understanding about every mechanic?
I lost now 12 matches in a row because of my teammates feeding the entire time, picking wrong equipment for their battleborn, ignoring minions, getting not a single kill, ignoring shards and buildables, refusing to heal or using their supportive skills like reynas shield, etc…
all of the 4 got 0 kills, 5-10+ death, 1-2 minion kills still level 1 while i have stats like 5-0-0 or more, 60 minion kills and severall levels ahead (on par with enemy team).

So please explain me what´s wrong with the matchmaking?
Am i supposed to lose severall times so i´m “allowed” to win with a good team?

During the CTT we had a similar problem, but it only was because the system tried to force a w/l ratio of 1,0.
Hope this system isn´t in place anymore.

This does seem rather frustrating, but I believe much of that is the influx of unseasoned players at the launch of these sorts games.

The more we play the better matchmaking will become. But I think you may be in a conundrum. If I understand correctly matchmaking is based on a hidden score. If you lose to people, it lowers your score and then it may he’s you to people around the same level. But I am curious if you losing because your team is new causes your score to be lower and thus put you with more new players. @joekgbx am I understanding this correctly and is my guess about his scoring causing him to keep being with new people a thing?

I don’t know how matchmaking work but yesterday I have 6 games in a row with people commander rank 2 to 7 lol vs a team of command40+ often in group already.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684169349

Every single match is like this (and this one is actually one of the best… highest levels in my team so far), the others were even worse.

So i keep losing over and over again because of my teammates who even refuse to listen and call me ■■■■■■, noob, etc… and if we have some kind of ELO my rating keeps dropping into nirvana, no matter how good or bad i might be.
(Last week was better, though… had severall nice matches with levels on par in both teams with a winningstreak of 10)

I love this game but god damn the matchmaking system is garbage! I am level 49 and next thing you know I paired with a whole team that are single digits against a team in their 30-40’s . This is honestly really messed up and needs to be addressed already.

I would recommend playing in a party for the time being. I know this shouldn’t be necessary, but it really works well. And it is not that every game is a roflstomp in a party either. You’ll find plenty of challange, I guarantee, If you’re on playstation add me: supadedupe. I have a bunch of friends from Brittain and America and I’m sure we can help you out. If you don’t want to use a headset that’s fine.

the post above goes for you too :slight_smile: and for anyone that wants to play in a party for that matter.

1 Like