What is your WORST experience playing any of the Borderlands games?

My worst experience was in BL1.
After months of farming I found my holy grail - The Unforgiven Masher.
2 days later I let my cousin play on my save file and the little git SOLD it to make space in the inventory for a crap green sniper rifle. He didn’t understand why I got so salty with him!

6 Likes

Playing the Pre-Sequel. Thank God for Claptrap, otherwise I wouldn’t have made it through…

4 Likes

Farming Bunker and Felicity for their head customizations. It took me well over 350 tries to even get a single head to drop from Bunker(Not even the one I wanted) and even after farming Felicity for hours every day for months I still never gotten the Gynoid Agent head for Athena. I have all the others except the Claptrap one. Even after Gearbox patched TPS so that you (only) have a chance when killing her in story mode!

I really hope that such a ridiculous Boss will never ever exist in Borderlands 3 :pray: :pray: :pray:

5 Likes

A month or two ago, getting back into BL2 to prep for the new Lillith DLC (and BL3 of course). My main is Zer0, and he was somewhere in UVHM. I span him up, figuring I could just jump back into it.

It’s been a coupla years. I could not.

I was aiming to just waltz my way through, get used to things, farm some new loot. Like an idiot, I’d forgotten how mandatory Slag is on UVHM. To make matters worse, I was possibly in the most unfriendly place for someone who’d forgottent the rules to be: the Caustic Caverns.

Varkids for days. Multiple armoured Badasses. And what’s worse, the water is of course, acid.

So after attempting this a few times, my gaming for the evening was ruined and I was amazingly annoyed at the game. I never used to have these problems! I know what I’m doing!

I didn’t. I was the problem.

4 Likes

In my first ever play through Mad Mike dropped a corrosive Shredifier for my Axton. I was pretty happy since that was the 1st legendary I had gotten at all.
The next weekend I went to one of my other Xbox’s in Idaho (I live in California and spend much time in Idaho) and fired up the game.
The “Data syncing” bar was taking way too long for some reason, and since it offers the chance to cancel and move on I did, thinking it would intelligently sync once it got a stable network connection.
Wrong.
The Shredifier vanished in the bad sync mechanism. I still mourn the loss of that gun,
–RoA

4 Likes

My wife and i have max lvl 69 soldier and siren getting wiped in bl1.
Game was in loading screen and power went out corrupting file, no backup…

3 Likes

Dealing with OP levels… or maybe Son of Crawmerax… or hunting all those rare critters in the safari for character skins… or the last boss in the Pre-Sequel… or maybe getting repeatedly groin stomped by that jerk RNGesus.

2 Likes

BL2 with the bunker boss fight. Even today, that accursed bunker proves to be my bane. Couldn’t beat the thing unless I had friends back when the game first came out. I can solo it on my own now, but it still takes a number of tries and strategies to beat the thing. It will forever be a boss fight of great frustration to me. If the bunker itself didn’t one-shot with that purple beam canon, then the multiple enemies shooting me from behind would certainly do their job.

2 Likes

The Pre-Sequel missions inside Claptrap’s mind. Overly long and tedious. Aside from that, the game itself is fun, and gets a pretty bad rap. It aint no BL2 though

3 Likes

Every time the host kicks the rest of the group when we’re moments away from beating a raid boss.

7 Likes

For me it’s the fact I never got an Ajax Ogre to drop in the original game, just a little over 300 pearls found and not one AO… that’s the loot gods for ya I guess. Lol

2 Likes

Losing a Stalker pearlescent in BL1,
Having a Krieg save go corrupt after over 100 hours.

2 Likes

The very first time I fought BNK3R (NVHM, obviously) I completely missed Brick telling me to take out the turrets and so had no idea of what I was supposed to do; I just kept fighting the loaders, who naturally endlessly respawned as I took them out one by one, and the occasional useless pot-shot at BNK3R. I remember dying a few times and not always getting back up, and I know I made a LOT of trips out to the ring for ammo (I did hear that part, at least) while wondering just when this crap would finally end. I finally gave up after what seemed like a legit 45 minutes or so in total frustration (not a rage-quit, more of a WTF?!?-quit) and actually abandoned the game for a few weeks. I don’t remember where/when/how I learned what I was supposed to to, but at some point I did find out what I’d missed before and had one of those “…oh, that…” moments.

I’m smarter than that now. Usually.

3 Likes

Reloading a save over and over, trying to get a slag rubi with a bayonet. I literally questioned my life choices then.
I only ever did it once, then google came to the rescue.

2 Likes

Many a bad time have been had running into an over-leveled enemy with under-leveled weapon, but none give me the blues as bad as the Ultimate Badass Pyro Threshers in the Highlands. It seems like their timing always shifts and they sprout up if I’m not far-far away from them. One of the reasons I book it through Caustic Caverns where the Mine Cart mission is. That’s another Pyro Thresher trap waiting to spring. Throw in a few Worm Hole/ Black Whole Threshers and it’s the worst.

3 Likes

Worst experience in any Borderlands game…
Soloing Terramorphous, get him down to not-quite-dead-yet, y’know HP bar looks empty, but he’s got maybe 200HP left or so… and he pitched me over the edge of the arena. Just neat as you please, “GTFO punk!”

6 Likes

Just recently, trying to kill Uranus in the new BL2 DLC with a 72+ Krieg but specc’ed out for melee. It was so pathetic.

4 Likes

@mrbombasticronca - to make the fight easier for you don’t stay in the upper arena - jump down to the vending machine area and stay there and the fight is alot easier and quicker (especially if you have an Unkemp Harold and a Sheriffs Badge!). Doc.

2 Likes

If you can get your hands on one, a corrosive missile launcher or shotgun works wonders, though you may want something like a shock transfusion homing MIRV to deal with the shielding.

1 Like

All of 'em. Anywhere and any time. Badass Pyro Threshers have ended my 1Lfife runs more times than any other enemy, I now actively avoid where they are. No Hidden Journals or Medicine Man for me in TVHM or UVHM since Old Cranky and his friends explode from the ground and effectively one-hit me to death simply with their emerge damage and DoT.
To Promethia with them!
–RoA

3 Likes