What music are you listening to right now? 2: Electric Boogaloo

3 Likes

Double post, because these guys deserve your love all to themselves.

2 Likes

Another good one past away. This time it’s Alan White.
In the meantime I’m still waiting like an idiot.

2 Likes

There was an EP between Pretty Hate and Downward Spiral? How did I never hear this? And it won a Grammy?? And it came out in '92 when I thought nothing escaped me? Guess it did. Too bad - it’s pretty wicked.

2 Likes

Life in rural southern Germany:

3 Likes

A certain someone mentioned getting tix to Porcupine Tree in Berlin so I figured that must mean a new album. Yep.

2 Likes

I was a fortunate son of a B. to attend on a Sting concert in my home country at the age of 27. This was the song (I mean, Massive Attack’s song) they had on sound check to make sure all the speakers, bass and who knows what, is on its place. I knew about Massive Attack before that, but this song has to be my all time favourite.

If I could count the amount of great bands that put out like one EP or a few singles and then called it a wrap and disappeared off the planet I would have a couple lottery tickets by now. Lamentable!

2 Likes

The algorithm decided to flood my stream with Giovanni Giorgio memes, like this,

and I was curious where this was coming from – Daft Punk. Giorgio Moroder is a pioneer of disco and EDM.

Of course I know One More Time or Around The World, but other than that I haven’t really been listening to Daft Punk (or EDM in general) very much. But ever since I discovered Marc Rebillet, I got more and more into the genre. Guess there’s a whole discography waiting for me…

2 Likes
1 Like

Love those days I get a company car (with insanely good Bose systems that honestly sound best at 10) and have Sirius XM. I went from TLC to Slipknot to Paul Oakenfold to Lamb of God to Mozart to this gem:

Doug Rauch’s bass is super tasty.

2 Likes

Something extremely different from the regular playlist here - Renaissance mixed race composer Vicente Lusitano’s hauntingly beautiful Inviolata

3 Likes

A miracle! I finally managed to convince my wife that techno was a legitimate musical genre. She’s bumping this right now.

The whole Cercle catalog is spectacular.

2 Likes

On a more serious… note.

Headphones recommended.

“Stay up, stay up” Marie Picard.
Another drink. It’s not late yet.
It’s only a quarter to midnight.

Pretty much all you “need”.

3 Likes

I’m assuming Adam Neely’s latest video where he plays metal led me to this. Smooth jazz implies the existence of rough jazz.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like