What rare weapons/equips are worth keeping pre-UVHM?

I have a level 67 Krieg who only uses a Slagga. I’m currently almost at UVHM with Salvador as well. The problem I’m having is that I keep completing quests and getting weapons with special abilities and I’m running out of room in my bank. I don’t want to make a spare character for blank spots but I don’t want to throw away weapons that have some value for other characters I might level up.

Are there any ones worth keeping? For example, Krieg uses the law for the melee damage boost, so I keep that one as well as Slagga. But pre UVHM are any worth keeping? Or is it better to just throw them away if I’m not actively using them?

1 Like

Krieg has special melee formula that makes bladed weapons with him deal less damage than his regular axe swings at some point during leveling. I don’t remember when exacty it happens but at level 67 you might want to give a try to his regular melee as it might surpass the damage of them, even the law.

A level 50 fire or corrosive Pimpernel should be an effective killing tool some ways above 60. My level 50 slag one was 1 or 2 shotting enemies on good hits somewhere around 63 and that one didn’t even have an element to match the weakness. It’s still part of my loadout at OP2 for it’s slagging capabilities. The only thing I’d consider switching it for is a slag Snider and I haven’t ran into one.

If you pick up a bladed Rubi, especially a slag one, I’d throw that into the bank. A melee Zer0 might love it. While you probably won’t be shooting it much, if you get a Rapier in slag it might be worth keeping too.

The only other quest item I can think of is Sandhawk if you feel like doing some beehawking. As most of the damage comes from the bee and the unlisted projectiles on sandhawk it’s going to be very effective even if severy behind in levels. Just be aware that it’s going to be completely useless if you get hit by anything and lose the bee boost. I’m still carrying a low level fire one around for treants and tinder snowflake farming. I wouldn’t take it anywhere where I’m expecting to get hit though.

1 Like

47 I believe is the threshold. But that only applies to standard bladed weapons with +50% melee damage. The Law and Rapier still increase his melee damage after level 47.

So, if you have any of those, they’re top picks to keep.

4 Likes

At your level, you should be using Release the Beast for your melee and not a bladed weapon. Sure the Law is a great bladed weapon, but RtB gives you much more melee. Throw in Silence the Voices and you can really go to town.

4 Likes

I should have specified, i only use the Slagga for Krieg, since it slags quickly before going into RtB. I don’t use any other weapon because they serve no big purpose.

I’m more asking for lower level characters. Is there any quest rare items that are worth keeping for them to use immediately upon reaching their level? Or non-quest? Like I have a level 8 conference call that works well through level 20+ on new characters. Anything like that?

1 Like

Well, for non-quest items that list would be long. And in the end it would boil down to “pass down items you thought were good and which you liked”. I’ll mention Unkempt Harrold here, though. If you pick up some at lower levels they are going to make the life of your future toons a cakewalk for some periods of time.

2 Likes

To answer your question in a simple way: The guns that do the job are worth keeping!

If you feel that it’s a good weapon, then why not keep it? That’s unless you’ll never level up another character again, ofc. In that case you can toss it all after you’re done with it. Some of the standard weapons are considered top gear, and the chances of finding one every time you level up is pretty slim, so when you find a winner… Stash it!

2 Likes

OK, I thought he outdoes the Law too, but I don’t remember the specifics. I just RtB after normal mode.

1 Like

The Rubi, Heart Breaker and any UH you come across. In normal most any loot you find will get the job done so I would only hang on to gear if you are OCD about keeping things (which I am) or if it was an extremely rare drop like a Twister or Cobra (one you can use, the other is for bragging rights…)

2 Likes

Items, like you mentioned, then yes keep them, as it may not drop for the next low level toon running the game (or may not be as good). I keep all rare or legend Items that drop and sort/trade them between toons by using claptraps stash or using a friends game to sort by what level each toon is.

1 Like