So recently i learned that i write too much in a run-on sentence kinda way. This may have affected the reception of some of my past posts. Among these posts is my first thread on this forum.
I will now try and condense the collective of possible borderlands changes Into 2 posts. These 2 posts, or categories, are bugs, and improvements. Bugs are more things considerd to be objectively wrong with the game, while improvements are just changes people feel would improve the experience. Its going to be long (literally), but hopefully more bearable to read than my original thread, and more quoteable to boot!
Green = fixed/changed in the remaster
• Make the General Knoxx armory quest truly repeatable.
• Get rid of fall damage (like Borderlands 2).
• Get rid of claptrap mission call outs, replace with
• Exclamation point map markers for quests(added for base game only).
• Add mission log with different icons for story quests and side missions, (like BL2).
• Add the closeup gun view (like BL2).
• Make the skill tree show which skills are being buffed by class mods (like BL2).
• Have grenades show actual damage values (like BL2).
• Make playthrough 2.5 repeatable, or create a third repeatable and scaling playthrough in place of playthrough 2.5. Possibly overpower levels?
• Auto pick-up of money and ammo , car included (like BL2).
• Maybe examine items/pick up/interact while in the car?
• Crawling in fight for your life (like BL2).
• Mini-map that rotates based on the direction you are facing (like BL2).
• Fast travel in DLC’s and loading in from area entrances (like BL2).
• 4 player splitscreen.
• Including a swap stash (like BL2).
• Have a buy all ammo button
• Make every claptrap in both playthroughs and afterwards guaranteed to give you a backpack SDU.
• If you wander too far from talking NPC, keep dialogue audible through your echo (like BL2).
• Add a melee proficiency.
• Get rid of baron flynt’s excavator’s deathwall.
• Higher visible money cap, it maxes pretty quickly.
• Make car health regen percentage based so it’s not broken on higher levels.
• Make health vials heal based on percentage (like BL2).
• Make vendors and brush not disappear after moving like an inch away from them.
• The beginning areas like Fyrestone and skag gully have enemies that spawn far too often. Keep at the same rate as the rest of the game.
• Make all quests for certain areas available when you go to that area, like treacher’s landing.
• There is a delay put on melee attacks, and activating npc’s for dialogue triggered by prematurely activating before animations have concluded. Like, you cant meelee for a second after your melee attack has concluded.
• Take reloading away from the interact key (E) (like BL2). Screws up MANY firefights.
• Make turrets and vehicles not take melee damage (like BL2).
• Make Roland’s turret stay in fight for your life/reclaimable
• Have an option to un-censor clit beer billboards, possibly turn all beer in all borderlands games into clit.
• Increase buyback space, save buyback through traveling to different areas, if possible through exiting game sessions.
• Change underdome to give guns and xp, let players set their own rounds with their own choice of the provided mutators, like the pre sequel.
• Let the siren jump while phasewalking
• Let bosses take Damage Over Time effects, at least of their corresponding elemental weakness.
• Create a way to read the tooltips besides load screens, or have an option to have to press space to continue, like the new Doom.
• Buying or selling items lags the entire game for other players when you play in splitscreen. (in all 3 games)
• Please keep going into your inventory while airborne.
• Some non kill skills should get hud real estate upon activation (like BL2).
• Include more menu options from borderlands 2, like FOV, uncapped framerate
• Make the remaster 64 bit to eliminate memory bottlenecks plauging all games.
• Sniper rifles should behave more like in BL2, where there is no accuracy penalty when scoped.
• Create a fast travel map of pandora so the fast travel isnt just a difficult to navigate list of locations.
Some of these might come off as blunt, but that’s only so they can be as short as possible. If you want to hear slightly more in-depth explanations on these changes, they are probably in my old thread.