What's with legendary drops being so weird?

What’s been bothering me lately is the way legendary drops are more often than not the same few items (Woodblocker, devoted) and how you have to grind for ages to get the specific legendary you want. On top of that, there’s no guarantee that you’ll get the stats you want or the anointments requires for making your build viable for M4. Now if this were a game with some kind of subscription model it would make sense that they were trying to extend player time by making certain legendaries particularly rare, but this is a non competitive looter shooter. Is there a reason they want people to grind so much on particularly boring content (grinding same bosses for best chance) or is it just a misunderstanding of how loot mechanics should work for fun gameplay?

1 Like

Prepare for thread merge.

2 Likes

I guarantee you that they have messed up and put the wrong values in. Between the right elements/rolls/anointments farming in this game has become atrocious even on Mayhem 4.

1 Like

Dedicated drops being too low and rare spawn enemies are the only issues I have with the loot system, which in turn make it almost impossible to farm certain gear. World drops are at least 10X what they used to be in bl2 and I think are in a good place. Two changes I’d make would be to scrap the rare spawns and make them guaranteed and buff dedicated drop rates and raise the dedicated drop rates for higher mayhem levels

2 Likes

I can’t say this for sure but this is probably tied to some “secret” intern value given to the different gun parts or something similiar. In BL1 for example, if i recall correctly the special effect of legendaries was specifically tied to a certain gun part. This made some legendaries almost completely elusive like the Chimera and others like the Raven, a leg. Dahl rifle that just fires in 5 bursts instead of 3 drop like candy.

Something along this lines is probably the reason why we see so many Woodblocker, Maleks Bane and Monocles although I have to say that I also had world drop Rowans Call, Cutsman etc. yet never seen a single Faizor, something I wanted to own since day 1.