What's your favorite Helix?

To me, there is nothing more exciting about BB than a good pvp match that lasts long enough to get to lvl 10. When I finally get my character maxed out and have chosen all my favorite helixes, I feel like that’s when I am truly playing the character. It’s the major thing that first drew me to BB. That and the general chaos of online play.

Certain characters have that certain helix that makes them go online. Or maybe your style of play is different than others and you have a certain level that defines that style. Care to share?

Personally some of my favorites are Lvl 4 R for El Dragon. The total game changer for him. Lvl 9 R is a close second :grin:
For Galilea it’s any Lvl that gives her more regen lol
And for Alani it’s Lvl 10 M. This is probably my favorite helix in the game. When I use my skills in burst I feel like I’m getting a glimpse of the hellraiser that ambra describes in the lore. Which feels awesome

2 Likes

Lv 10 huddle up on Reyna

4 Likes

Calculated risk

6 Likes

Terror From Above

4 Likes

Kelvin’s Blue Ice

3 Likes

Wait is that the double jump? Lol

1 Like

Not familiar with that one. What lvl is it? And care to explain what it does?

Trap Training.

Blue Ice is Kelvin’s Level 5 R helix. It gives him a 30% damage Reduction buff when Permafrost is active. I find that it really helps if you’re using the right gear, picking the Permafrost bonuses from Helices, and timing your skills right.

2 Likes

Beatrix:
Vector- Born Transmission

Those who know, know why.

1 Like

Sorry I Broke Your Wrists.

The stun mine, naturally.

6 Likes

While I am a devoted Whiskey main, I think his helix tree is pretty… Anticlimactic? He has good helices but I guess those four last levels kind of… Ruin it. I mean, “What Shields?” was pretty hilarious back in the first months of the game when nobody was expecting it… But otherwise not very useful. And +25 bullets feels pretty tame compared to some other lvl10 augments. I won’t even mention whatever comes after Napalm because it just feels like whoever made his helix tree just had to come up with something, anything, for ten levels and spun a wheel for it.

His instant reloads are kinda fun but also what if he could fly? Or make an omelette on the battlefield? (While he’s simultaneously flying?) So much cooler.

So, instead I’d say my favorite helix levels are uhh… Mellkas Air Stall (propels Mellka backwards) or Thorns Hexanguination (Bleed on curse).

As a character? Shayne, her helix is very varied and can allow good play for anyone who devotes their time and practice to however they wish. Honestly I find Shayne and Aurox’s helix to be the very definition of the heart and soul of Battleborn because they can do so much with their helix. They empower creative play, and while some helix options are better competitively, nearly all of their helix choices offer something good to the character.

Specifically, my favorite choice for any character is Benedict’s level 5 because Divebomb is the greatest. Not only does it bring a smile to my face whenever I get to use it, it gives him amazing survivability/escape and it legit made me laugh aloud when I heard that soaring eagle noise when I did it the first time.

3 Likes

Stopping Power - when it used to slow. Removing it was the worst thing they ever did to the game.

1 Like

Ernest’s Level 2 Left Helix.

You’d think I’d know it’s name by now.

Anyway, it’s the one that gives his Egg the Slow AOE field that is one of the greatest things in the entire game.

It has become the backbone of my entire Ernest playstyle.

3 Likes

Damn it… Beat me to it! As i have said before, i STRONGLY believe that few helixes result in more of a power shift. I have won games based on on getting to lvl. 4 as Toby.

3 Likes

WAKE OF DEVASTATION! Nothing is better then reaching level 10 with Attikus and destroying everything in your path.

6 Likes

Ceremonial Sacrifice prepares for ensuing shitstorm

3 Likes

Rift network or bouncy mortars, natually

3 Likes

Individual choices:
wallhax.exe
Time Killer
Lifeline
Icy Resolve
(Formerly) Big Payback
Concussive Charge
Rift Network
Huddle Up
…and many more! (No, this is not a helix option.)

Level
Kid Ultra’s Level 5
Marquis’ Level 2
Ghalt’s Level 5, 7, 8
Alani’s Level 10
Oscar Mike’s Level 10
…and many more!

wallhax.exe is probably my favorite helix in the entire game. I just love a lot of Marquis’ stuff, even though he definitely has some lopsided levels(4, 5, 8). Level 2, you literally cannot go wrong with him. Every option there is great. Sneak attack Hoodini, insta-reveal Hoodini, or invulnerable Hoodini. Amazing!

5 Likes