What's your favorite relationship between the Battleborn?

First off, I don’t mean romantic relationships exclusively. It can be any sort of bond (or hatred) between two or more of the Battleborn.

My personal favorite is with Boldur and Thorn. Reason: Boldur cares for her like she is his own granddaughter. I’ve just been touched by how much he cares for her. When he sees her on the enemy team he calls out that he doesn’t want to fight her and if he kills her you can hear him cry. Thorn shouts out, “I get to kill my grandfather” when she sees him and that’s a little less caring than Boldur but I stand by what I said. Also when I read the last two lines of Boldur’s lore explaining how they met, I clutched my chest and said, “Ow, right in my feelings.”

1 Like

Ambra and Gali… although it’s Ambra, with the implication that she’s suppressing tender affection underneath centuries of furious betrayal, who really carries this one.

2 Likes

The triangle between Ambra, Galilea and Alani. Alani has reasons to resent Ambra, who has reasons to resent Galilea (but secretly seems to pity or perhaps even like her), who resents Ambra and seems not to notice Alani. That’s the short of it anyway, we all know the stories, but I do enjoy those three.

5 Likes

Kleese and ISIC. I like how Kleese is deathly afraid of ISIC, and ISIC is casually trying to keep that “I dont care I hate everybody” personality towards him like he does to all the other battleborn, but he actually wants too kill him SOOOOO bad. And they both have a feeling of rage induced satisfaction when they kill eachother

2 Likes

In all my hours playing both characters, killing Gali is the only thing I’ve found that snaps Ambra out of her usual maniac exuberance and elicits a cry of grief instead.

The exact opposite of how I feel when I kill Galilea.

That’s how I feel when I kill Galilea.

1 Like

Haha, you betray yourself as a relic of times past to still hold a grudge against her! Boldur is the new Gali. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Damn you’re a wordsmith.

I haven’t played enough PvP yet I suppose, but we all know that Kid Ultra is the new Gali.

7 Likes

How Phoebe breaks Marquis character. He might look like and Gentleman, but all he says is arrogant and hostile (which doesn’t harm him, I like him for that too.)

When I found out that he used to take care of her as a Butler and actually invented Hoodini for her I was pretty surprised. Also how he shows that he really doesn’t want to fight her in PvP is really Moving.

Oh, dammit. Robos with feelings get me every time :sob:

In general it’s cool that many characrers have more to them than just the obvious… the mix is really good. Even though you also have Simpletons Like Montana and Boldur that are pretty straight forward but thats also okay… not EVERYONE is hard to see through.

Its just like in real Life.

1 Like

Oscar Mike and Attikus

Hanging with my Bros!

5 Likes

Ambra and Rath
"People would talk"

2 Likes

Toby and Benedict, for me. I love how thier lore pictures and dialog add a lot of depth to thier rivalry.

Toby: “WHO’S LAUGHING NOW, BENEDICT?! I AM!! HA. HA. HA.”

Benedict: “Hey, Toby, how’s NOT FLYING working out for you?”

Toby: “It’s Benedict! I HATE that guy!”

Benedict: “There’s Toby, NOT flying this way!”

(Not verbatim on these, but close enough)

5 Likes

Going to assume you meant act gentlemanly, but HEY he IS a gentleman, and a high society sociopath, but to me pheobe and marquis indeed have the deepest relationship IMO

1 Like

Phoebe and Marquis. She basically was like a father to her all through her childhood, and it’s rather sad her having to watch his decent from classiness into madness.

Also Montana and Oscar Mike. Bro Certificate

2 Likes

Kleenex and his holographic cat.

2 Likes

Kleese: “What’s that, Imaginary Kitty? Yes; they ARE going to die.”

2 Likes

But uh… Benedict can’t fly anymore, right?

Supposedly he can only take off and glide since his wing got damaged, yes.

Or were you implying that Toby should have no qualm with Benedict, since he’s technically “flightless” as well?

1 Like

Well, Toby hates Benny cuz of his personality. Benedict calling Toby flightless is what confuses me. It’s also racist now that I think about it

1 Like

@HandsomeCam

I’ve always viewed it as Benny expects to get patched up, fully healed, and return to his former flights of glory sometime in the near future.