This thread is for discussing how you play Brothers in Arms, your preferences, tactics, etc.
I primarily play MP since the battles are always extremely dynamic and when I die, I don’t have to start over again, instead I take control of another soldier and continue the fight. I usually play as the “attackers” (trying to reach or complete an objective outside of stop the enemy from doing something), making my goal more than kill the enemy and making matches shorter than if I was defending.
I play a fluid aggressive style for lack of better words. I don’t like to stay at one piece of cover for a long time and exchange shots. My playstyle involves almost constant movement, always looking for a better angle and advancing progress towards completing the objective. When I’m suppressed, I try and move elsewhere if possible, or just crouch and hide for a little bit. I sometimes charge the enemy and I’ve found myself using melee a lot more after the damage variance was added. Melee is actually pretty viable.
My Mutator list for MP:
CustomWeapons (my version which is posted)
Edit: Oh, I forgot my favorite weapons. Well, here I go.
- MG42, such a fun weapons due to its terrifying sound and extremely high rate of fire.
- FG42, I find this weapon effective at pretty much any range and it also has a great sound, especially when multiple FG42s are fired and the sounds get blended.
- StG44, a well rounded weapon that I enjoy using. I prefer the FG42 though.
- MP40, controllable and effective at close range.
- M1A1 Thompson, lots of fun to use, not always the most effective.
- BAR, has a nice sound but harder to control since I increased its recoil slightly.