When d'yah think we're going to Fyrestone?

We’ve been to Fyrestone in BL1 and BL2 (and of course it’s D&D equivalent, Flamerock), I think it’s a reasonable assumption that we’ll make our way there in BL3.
Two questions: When and Where.
When: We know that Fyrestone’s most popular residents have been Dr. Zed and T.K. Baha. The Voice Actor for Zed has (according to media reports) had some health issues, but other unverified reports indicate that he may be able to do VA work again.
But anyway, we will make the assumption that Dr. Zed went back to med school and regained his license (based on what he seemed to be planning during the Lilith DLC for BL2), perhaps he has opened a full scale medical clinic or small hospital in Fyrestone (which he never wanted to leave) and that will play some part in a DLC.
As for T.K., we know he’s pretty resilient for a dead guy, and we know his wave style shotguns continue to exist in BL3. Maybe we’ll have a small startup gun manufacturer in Fyrestone, owned by Una Baha, with T.K.'s ghost lending a hand.
Then the question is, where is it? I haven’t looked at the maps in depth yet (just started), so don’t know if it will appear in an existing Pandora area that hasn’t been unlocked yet, or in a new map.
Looking forward to going to Fyrestone again.
–RoA

3 Likes

Fyrestone is gone, as well as the other locations that got flooded with Eridium. Handsome Jack left a permanent purple scar on Pandora, as seen in the orbital view of the planet.

2 Likes

I doubt Zed will have returned to Fyrestone, noone lives there anymore after Hyperion invaded the place.
As for T.K and his wave gun… The reason the gun proceeds to exist is because Hyperion stole his T.K’s blueprints for it and, considering it is a Jakobs weapon rather than a Hyperion, presumably sold them off to Jakobs after determining that the gun was actually ■■■■■.
T.K. himself may have returned as an Undead, but in neither game his undead self lives in Fyrestone, plus he never actually lived in the settlement itself, anyways.
I honestly don’t think we’ll visit Fyrestone again, the place has been thoroughly polluted and I think the folks at GBX do neither want to bring back Slag, nor do they fance making up an explanation as to why a place that had literal ponds filled with the stuff would suddenly be back to normal.

1 Like

yeah…Fyrestone was never in any condition…that uh…wouldn’t be considered “rough” it went through a lot with the bandits that are around the area (Bonehead, Sledge, etc) and then the Vault was opened by Commandant Steele, which got eridium and slag all over Pandora, Fyrestone got a pretty bad deal on that world changing event. and the only “resident” was Dr. Zed, and he’s not even a resident anymore, he’s not even a real doctor. also clap trap, but he’s clearly living in Sanctuary 3 at this point.

Scooter relocated to New Haven, then T-Bone Junction, and then Sanctuary, and for obviously reasons won’t be looking for a new residence in BL3 (unless he’s hanging out with his old wave shotgun making buddy).

1 Like

Wasn’t Zed was always Fyrestone’s only residence, even in BL1? I may be wrong, but I coulda sworn I read that no one else lived there during the games, anyway. Zed seemed pretty keen on sticking to Fyrestone regardless- ya know, until the Loaders actually got there. Clearing them out would be easy enough.

The slag is the tricky part. They could take the opportunity to explain how slag got removed from the picture… or they could be lazy and just say the raiders “took care of it”. But really, would they need to? Considering where Fyrestone’s located, you could just leave the slag. It’d be an eridium gold mine, most likely. And say Zed did want to go back, I doubt the slag would deter him.

So I think a return is possible, and I’d be happy to see it. But not sure how they’d work it into a story.

As for T.K… yeah he wouldn’t show up in Fyrestone. Do wonder if we’ll get to see him cameo again, though.

3 Likes

They have the VR/Sim thing that we use for one side mission. I could see a DLC with a mission that sends us there. Something akin to Cluster 00773 P4ND0R4 from the Pre-sequel.

DLC 4 is going in to the head of a favorite psycho. Sounds like Krieg, but Dr. Zed could be seen as a psycho. If the VA is healthy i could see that as a thing.

1 Like

Yeah, Zed and Claptrap are the only characters outside ourselves that we ever see in Fyrestone. T.K. lived nearby but not ever in the city limits. and Scooter while unseen was somewhere nearby at the start of BL1 before relocating to New Haven.

Yeah, Zed didn’t want to leave Fyrestone (but we also don’t know if the slag and Eridium thing happened/got as bad as it is before or after he left for Sanctuary), he was forced out by Jack. Roland forced both Zed and Tannis to relocate to Sanctuary for their safety.

Living human residents of Fyrestone by the start of BL1 was only Zed. There’s even a number of travel brochures that say “Visit Fyrestone Population-1”

2 Likes

We, or at least I, don’t know that.

Yes, Fyrestone was affected by massive Eriduim/slag pools, we saw that in BL2. But the town was not destroyed, after the defeat of Hyperion there is certainly a possibility that the town was once again spruced up and made habitable.
–RoA

3 Likes

So in every game to date there has been a visit to or a return to Fyrestone, in BL2 there’s 2 cuz of D&D. and then Claptastic Voyage brings us through there as well. I don’t know about habitable, but I would expect us to end up going through that area at some point in BL3.

3 Likes

Kinda makes sense that the slag was unstable and crystallised into eridium, or broke down into nothing. By the time we arrive in B3 (years later), slag is totally gone, or so difficult to come by that we never see it.

1 Like

Nope. Fyrestone is an ancient ruin. Along with pandora
Goodbye pandora! YOU CAN’T HURT US ANYMORE!!!

4 Likes