When Exactly Did Capture & FaceOff Get Put Into Mini Match?

I never thought I would say this, but I really wish Gearbox would re-implement the full on random, no map picking or voting in Quick Match.

I didn’t get a SINGLE Capture or FaceOff match yesterday in 5-6 hours of Quick Match.

This makes me a saaaaaaad panda.

1 Like

Capture and Face Off not being in QM is intended…they switched capture and face off from the Quick Match queue to the Mini Mode queue.

1 Like

No.

What?

That’s not true.

Is it?

When did this happen?

@jaden374

When Supercharge went live. From what I’ve heard, they’re actually better now

1 Like

No it must have happened late Friday sometime.

Unless I just blatantly wasn’t paying attention, I could have sworn as of 9 pm ish last night I was still seeing Incursion / Meltdown in mini match and Meltdown / Incursion / FaceOff / Capture in Quick Match.

That’s definitely how it was for at least all of Thursday.

Thursday’s Hotfix. After despising capture and face off for ever, im actually enjoying it in 3v3. Feels much less blob / zergy with more meaningful strategy in the mini fights / running around.

1 Like

Lol…no I assure you the QM becoming meltdown and incursion only thing happened right at hotfix

1 Like

@jaden374

No man.

I played Supercharge all afternoon / good chunk of the evening Thursday and mini match was the three new Supercharge maps plus incursion and meltdown.

Quick Match was every mode except Supercharge.

They must have made the change FRIDAY sometime, seriously.

1 Like

Face Off is my favorite mode so I’m pretty bummed out about the current state of the queues, especially since I’m not enjoying 3v3 as I much as I thought/hoped I would. I guess the devs don’t think the population can handle three PvP queues (plus bots), even if one is only 6 players, but if this 3v3 queue sticks around: Solo/Duo (all 5v5 modes), 3v3, Incursion (maybe draft) is probably the logical path forward.

2 Likes

We’re serious dude, it happened on Thursday when Supercharge was added :stuck_out_tongue:

Unless time zones are messing with everyone again >_>

2 Likes

@NoobMister

I kid you not man.

I know what i saw!

People were even posting on here late Thursday / early Friday about how annoyed they were with the 3 vs 3 mini versions of meltdown and incursion.

Im not trying to be rude or disrespectful or contrary but im not lying!

Maybe It was different on Friday Cuz I was with friends and wasn’t paying so much attention to mode selection, but thursday it was definitely how I said it was!

I mean, I guess it’s all a moot point now, but still…

They must’ve changed it after the Thursday hotfix then, but regardless, that’s the state of things now until they change it around again.

With the player numbers as they are atm, having more queues doesn’t improve wait times, which puts more people off and doesn’t get more people in to actually play the game. In other words, it’s the same problem we’ve been having for months, and with funds obviously being a big factor in all this, they obviously can’t do anything too drastic right now

1 Like

@NoobMister

I love it, don’t get me wrong!

I think it’s the perfect set up, now!

I just can’t believe I somehow completely didn’t notice the chengeover!

1 Like

I get that, but from my experience on Xbox (and I assume it’s the same on PS4) I’m just not convinced queue times are particularly problematic to the extent that we couldn’t support an additional queue. I’m rarely, if ever, waiting more than a couple of minutes. At this current stage I feel like, at least on console, the queue configuration turns people away at a much higher rate than queue times and I think the proposal I suggested above would greatly enhance the experience for the majority of the playerbase. If people don’t actually enjoy the matches once they get in then it wont really matter how long it takes them to find a match, they wont stick around regardless. I firmly believe giving a little more option (and some breathing room for more casual players) would go a long way toward improving retention rates even if queue times take a slight hit.

1 Like

It might be fine on consoles, but on PC, it’s a different story, and one we’ve all heard before. I know the console players don’t like being lumped in with this, but they obviously have to keep things consistent on both sides (for whatever reason. There’s probably some legal thing or something).

I think the main issue isn’t in supporting a said number of queues, but the way the UI is set out. They obviously want all queues to be visible without having to scroll through them. This is honestly the first time I’ve looked at the UI in this situation and gone, “Yeah, it really needs to be reworked”.

2 Likes

They don’t have to keep things in consistent alignment though, they’ve gone to different queue systems between platforms previously. If they believe console can’t support an additional queue I disagree but I also don’t have access to the data they have. I’m assuming they’re not handicapping console to keep it aligned with PC when they’ve shown previously that they don’t have to.

1 Like