Where are the Easter Eggs from BL3?

I remember hearing from sources, even the Devs, that OPS Missions will include Easter Eggs from Borderlands 3 that us fans should be on the lookout for.

With the Release of the first OPS Mission, I must ask…where are the Easter Eggs? How will we even know or recognize them?

You won’t know until you’ve played BL3, otherwise they’re just Easter eggs for the previous Borderlands :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

That’s like… The most hilarious trick they could’ve pulled on us. I approve. I think Mister Torgue would too.

1 Like

Somewhere someone will find a literal easter egg that says “BL3” on it.

9 Likes

I know there may be something to find in the Operation, but its not something as specific as “BL3”. People will know it is a Borderlands reference when they see it though…

I think I need to run Benedict next and go for a flyby :airplane:

1 Like

Found a vault symbol with some friends in some graffiti that I couldn’t read but I failed to get a screenshot

it’s behind a gate one the right side of the map. By a chest that’s behind a cart :confused:

I marked where I think it was but my map sense may be off.

sorry for failing to provide better details or imagery but perhaps this can help narrow down the search for some of these waster eggs

2 Likes

Not BL3, but there’s a Fallout reference amongst Attikus’ dialogue during the final fight. (Not sure if you have to actually have someone playing Attikus with you for this to trigger.) “War, war never changes” - and then a modified kicker.

1 Like

Yeah, I was always wondering how we’re supposed to recognize BL3 Easter Eggs without even knowing what BL3 is! For all we know those statues at the beginning of the level around the first jump pad might be BL3 related! Or maybe BL3 will have lots and lots of coffins? Yeah, no idea what I should be looking for. lol

1 Like

I’d say look for symbols relating to borderlands like the vault symbol

I was never good at Cult of the Vault…lol

3 Likes

F*** that challenge. Find 4 vault symbols in an area you don’t have to go back to ever again for 5 badass ranks? Yeah that’s not happening

10 Likes

LOL ikr that’d be the LAST challenge I’d ever go for, and I haven’t once considered doing so from the time I found my first vault symbol the night it came out on the midnight release, discovering the challenge, til now lol hate that challenge.

If it were to allude to BL3 I’d assume it’d be some hidden message referring to a possible plot point or a character or an image doing the same. The only strange thing i ever noticed was the gem near the 1st op point but no idea what its for I was imagining we’d get some meteorite/teddy bear style thing that would activate a secret message or something but who knows lol this game is such a mystery

2 Likes

I hopped on as soon as I got home and went to look where @loving-hatred said to go…

And here’s an over exposed version. Well done guys for finding it! I wonder if there are any others :thinking:

5 Likes

Nice! What does it say?

“PROME” THE VAULT apparently??

Assume it is supposed to be “From the Vault” but perhaps intentionally misspelled?

As I read it… but idk what that means lol unless the vault symbol stands for an A making it promethea? Maybe a new planet where the next vault will be or something

1 Like

Oh true!! That makes more sense, but the Vault symbol is to make it clear its referencing Borderlands?

[edit]

“entity known as Promethea whose task it is to bring the Apocalypse”.

1 Like

And maybe that’s the clever catch to it. Its supposed to allude to BL3 right? So maybe its just a hint thats on us to interpretate on what it is. Using the symbol as a letter to make a name, but is obviously related to BL… and now leaving us riddled, making scenarios as such rn(me theorizing)

1 Like

There’s also this…Though the spell is slightly off…