Where can we find The Machine Unique Sniper? I'll show you

This was kinda funny how it played out. I was in a party with a buddy chatting about BAR farming and me farming the Wet Week. The Machine came up and we were wondering if it can be farmed? Did they assign it to anyone’s loot pool, etc…? Then this happened:

Was pretty hilarious as we were just discussing where this could be found. Not 10 min. later I came upon this:

How cool is that? Made my night. :smile:

Then I decided to farm Boomer. that ruiined my night. LOL so frustrating farming him. If you farmed for the baby boomer nade mod, you feel my pain. :confounded:

3 Likes

That is a good spot but you can skip to there at the start of the map

1 Like

@Derch Thanks for chiming in. I am a subscriber to your channel. :acmaffirmative: I am a fan.

if you don’t mind? Could you explain what you mean? Are you talking about my Boomer farm? Cause I would love to know how I can skip to there from the beginning of the map.

1 Like

lol, nevermind I saw machine and was thinking you were going after swagman in stantons liver, I just watched the video and realized I was mistaken

1 Like

Gotcha. :slightly_smiling: Well, actually I was going after Swagman in Stanton’s Liver. I just went over the Rooster and the boys to do some quick killing as Swagman was starting to bore me. LOL

I have a vid in here showing me farming Stanton’s Liver’s Swagman(Moondowner). In that vid I point out that I think Stanton’s Liver is the “prime” spot to farm the Wet Week. I tried Outlands Canyon first and never saw it drop after a few runs. Maybe 5 at the most. Went to Stanton’s Liver and noticed it dropping quite a bit. Sometimes two at a time. :smile:

1 Like

Stanton Liver is a great place to farm the Wet Week. Got 2 Pacifying ones (shock and corrosive). I also farmed Iwajira and it dropped the Machine. Renewed interest in this game, Yeah!

3 Likes

You lucky Dawg! :smile:

I have yet to get a Pacifying prefix. Argh! :confounded:

1 Like

Stanton’s Liver is a MUCH quicker farm…and far more lucrative in my experience…

I did get one in Outlands canyon out of about 10 runs…so I can confirm he actually does drop it there.

But Stanton’s Liver I got 9 in 25 runs…and the time was the same that it took me to do the 10 runs in Outlands,

1 Like

Two great snipers that are consistently farmable/grindable…

Anyone starting an Aurelia is a happy camper.

1 Like

The machine is the sniper with all elements correct? What uodatebdo you need to have to farm it. It intregues me and I don’t have internet, Im not sure what update I got but I can farm bosses without dashboarding XD.

1 Like

The Machine is even better when you farm it from the grinder…Luneshine Bonuses!!!

2 Likes

RNG hasn’t been on my side with this. Been grinding 3 green snipers with 69 moonstones and no luck so far.

1 Like

I noticed something today. Grind something. Don’t remove it from the grinder. Take note of what your result was. Leave the map and come back. And you’ll hear the grinder grind again. So go take a look at your potentially new result.
edit: Keep coming back until you get a result you want. Then take it. Downside is I think the grinder gets broken at that point until you save & quit/load.

Also, I did get a boomacorn and some other named unique stuff while grinding over the past week. Very cool.

1 Like

I have left grinds on the grinder several times. Never have I seen the result change by coming back to it after leaving the map. I wasn’t paying close attention so it’s possible? Hmmmm? gonna have to give it the ol’ college try! :smile:

2 Likes

I gave this a shot last night. It didn’t work for me. I gave it a chance. I kept leaving the map and coming back, but the result never changed. It did break the grinder as you stated. I had to save/quit to be able to grind again. I was really hopeful of this. I really wanted this to work.

2 Likes

It is kind of odd. Did you try leaving the map different ways (fast travel vs map exits)? Or giving it more time before coming back?

I was pretty certain it was doing it. But then I think at the end I was returning back to Concordia rather fast and I wasn’t sure anymore if my result changed.

The other thing is, it might just be faster to create a mule who you’ve duped a bunch of items into, grind those, sign out that profile (because they are not the host they just disappear without saving), bring them back into the game and notice that they have all their stuff and moonstones still. Repeat.

Funny thing was, I was trying to create a laser disker using purple lasers. I ended up giving up on that idea (at least until I felt like grinding grinds again) and just resumed my level 70 claptrap DLC with wilhelm. I beat shadow trap just 20 to 40 minutes later and he dropped me a laser disker. :slightly_smiling:

I’ve seen them before (probably dropped by someone) but I wanted to make sure I had a legit one.

2 Likes

Yes I did. I tried traveling and killing Bosun and popped the moonstone chest. traveled back to Concordia. Same result sitting there on the grinder. I traveled out the back door in concordia and came right back, same results. I decided to go kill DSR and pop all the glitched chests while in that map. came back to concordia, same results. I was gaming for a couple hours that night and only saved/quite twice to be able to grind again, cause that method does in fact break the grinder. LOL I appreciate the thought. I was hopeful. Maybe i had really bad RNG which can rear it’s ugly head from time to time. :smile:

Thanks again. It was worth a shot. and knowing this in the back of my mind I’ll attempt it every so often, cause you never know what RNG may bring. :wink:

2 Likes

Yea, could be I had really bad memory about what it was the first couple times.

1 Like

no worries bro. I still think you might have some merit. I did here it grind everytime i re-entered the map. I will try it every so often. It’s just one more dynamic for me to experience, if possible. :blush:
If it ever works out for me, I’ll be sure to let you know. :wink:

I would love to be able to grind for skins and heads. Just saying…

Farming Boomer for skins is a long grind to say the least. I would rather try my chances at the grinder. Everything else can be gotten from the grinder. Why not skins/heads?

2 Likes

OK. Check your bad ass rank challenges to see if your number increments every time it grinds.

1 Like