Where did my girl go?

What did you mean by vortex uses the physics pull instead of the CC one? What’s the difference?

2 Likes

CC one is stronger and can interrupt skills, like kleeses ulti

1 Like

So hers is the only pull now that doesn’t interrupt cc?

1 Like

And Toby’s level 4 mutation.

3 Likes

Is more like if someone did a quick meele to push you back to her instead of kleese ult.

Deande had isseus before all the buffs… It was painfull to see how slow she was, how weak was her ult and trying to get a fleeing target from R2 to L2 took longer also her fans would bend a lot.

Gali just need a damage buff and maybe a buff to her corruption dot, for how hard is to activate it and keep it the dmg feels meh…

2 Likes

New Gali is a strong disruptor and tank, who can also clear waves and assassinate if needed. This requires changing your build and playstyle from old Gali to compensate for the changes, which likely drove away many of the old Gali mains.

In terms of the meta, I’d put Gali in about the same spot as Rath or Shaurox: she’s good, but not op, and not a must-have. But then, my perspective on the meta doesn’t always line up with the consensus.

1 Like

Because that effectiveness was way too effective.

Galilea is more in line with a melee tank-controller with none too high damage output, as she should be - not a complete one purple chick army godslayer.

2 Likes

This topic is making me want to main Gali for a while.

And by “main” I mean become “the character I pick when I don’t pick Mell” obviously

5 Likes

Well you would be picking a great time to start playing her lol

2 Likes

Rath is high tier to this day, kleese was never that good, and boldur was never that popular even in his more powerful days.

2 Likes

This wasn’t my argument, but rather that Boldur continues to remain broken. Boldur can still be high-tier like Rath, why not?

Just not insta-ban broken…

1 Like

Gali resides in counterpick territory along with WF, Kleese, and Beatrix. Gali does horrible things to Attikus, Rath, and Dragon with her AoE slow/weaken/DR and stun/wound on shield.

5 Likes

I think Cam is talking about how people tend to react to a certain character being nerfed.

Example: I can’t think of a single Rath main that wasn’t at least a little bit pissed about Dreadwind’s damage getting reduced by 40% and Rath’s playstyle changed immensely afterwards. Very few people still played him and many, even competitive players, started to think he was just a bad pick. Nowadays people have adapted to Rath and realized his true potential. He’s considered one of the best early picks (depending on bans), yet almost nothing significant about Rath has actually changed, save the knowledge of spin canceling going public.

People are doing the same thing with Galilea right now. She’s still good and brings a lot to a game. Some people are just either salty one of their favorite characters got nerfed.

5 Likes

Well its the whole reason he was picked in the first place. His competition was either banned or nerfed. It’s the same reason S&A saw lots of play, because there was limited options for hard CC front liners after the old S-tier was banned.

So Rath didn’t get better, everyone else either got worse or was too good for their own good. Which makes for a very boring balancing approach. Because regardless of how bad/unfun you make the characters, there will always be a top and a bottom.

1 Like

All I wanna say in this topic, regarding Galilea, she was arguably one of the most busted characters for the entirety of the game’s lifespan. She needed these nerfs sooner, but Gearbox was busy trying to attract more players, rather than spending time actually listening to the people still playing. If it takes a year to balance your characters, something’s wrong, I’ve never played MOBAs before but even I know that much. That pull was insane, it’s still pretty solid when used at the right time, but long gone are the days where she pulls half the map into her. She’s still a good presence in lane, it’s just she needs some back up to relive her tyraids rather than her causing the tyraids herself

2 Likes

That’s a completely different argument. Rath has always been good, regardless of the situation of the games balance. My point is that people just didn’t realize it yet. After the October update many people considered him unviable but that simply wasn’t the case. Almost nothing changed in the game’s overall meta from October to the Winter Update. The best characters (Boldur, Gali, Ghalt etc.) remained as strong as they were for a very long time. Yet Rath went from being viewed as very weak character to one of the best and almost nothing in regards of balance to make that happen. Just people’s cognition.

1 Like

To be honest, Cam no longer knows WHAT in the hell he is talking about anymore…

So we’ll go with this^. Thanks, Blaine! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m starting to notice this too. Whilst I find it amusing how people can’t make up their minds about Deande, it’s also slightly worrying me as I don’t want her to be changed again. :frowning:

She’s fine in terms of balancing so I don’t exactly get the reasoning behind these posts; it seems that only now that some of the other characters have been brought into line, are people slowly paying attention to her again, despite her not receiving any additional buffs. Before, people didn’t even give her a second glance.

2 Likes

Considering all of 3 people actually play her in a masterful fashion, she’s fine. Tis as I always say in game, when playing against Deande’s “Unless you’re Nemo, Phonix or Shade, I am not worried about you.”

I think people don’t realize the majority of the burst dash comes from Deande’s shield exploding in their face (not only from the comeback king, but also her helix option), plus the crit (these are just the basics that Nemo explained to me). Just leave when you’re at low health. Abuse TP and be so deep in your base it’d be a chore for Deandes to chase you. You only have to outrace the slowest character besides Beatrix

1 Like

I’m pointing out that unlike other ‘OP’ characters, Boldur was never that popular because he wasnt that easy to play, so after the nerf you arnt going to see a bunch of people drop him

1 Like