Where else does Battleborn figure in your life?

Confession time! Wait, I mean, sharing time.

Do you keep Battleborn trapped inside your PC/console, or has it escaped into your wider world? Do you have a BB-related ringtone/wall poster/tattoo/therapy bill? Do you listen to the OST while working out? Do you introduce yourself to new people by saying “Hi, I’m from the ocean?”

To start with a minor example of my own, this has been my desktop wallpaper for the last four months:

14 Likes

Battleborn is my life so there is no where else that it can fit into.

10 Likes

Well, Toby is REALLY small, and you’d be suprised where i can fit him…

That sounded weird… And gross… REALLY gross…

SORRY EVERYONE!!

11 Likes

Melka x 2

4 Likes

I…I have sort of a shrine actually…with my fanarts/crafts, the full figurine collection, my Miko-clock and the cool pins :sweat_smile:
…All under a huge framed picture of Mister Torgue beating up a shark, guarded by a plush-Zer0.

May do a photo, but have to scare away the spiders first. Damn fascist spiders…

And yes, thats normal. We had a AssassinsCreed-shrine too for 3-4years.

some other things, besides certain Forum-bleedthroughs :

• @Benedict_87 ´s RP-personality has took over. I can´t tell Ben and Benny apart these days.

• Last week I wanted to show my fiance a post of @EdenSophia and called her Mellka. Three times in a row, until he asked what I´m talking about.

• “Miko” has taken the place of the word “mushroom/mushrooms” in general. All Mikos.

• Chronicle-Sentry has hit hard too, I quote him alot in RL…especially when things are on fire.

10 Likes

Breaking Character…

WHAT THE HELL D’YA MEAN MY “RP” PERSONALITY TOOK OVER!!!??? I’M THE SAME DAMN BIRD I ALWAYS WAS DAMMIT!!! DON’T GET MAD AT ME JUST CUZ I’M SEXY!!!

10 Likes

This happens all the time. It also happens in reverse. My favorite was when @Ginger_greninja achieved peak awkward during Chaos Rumble: his girlfriend and I were both playing Mell, and in the heat of combat he referred to “Eden” (me) and then “the other Eden” (his gf.)

PSA: Never call your girlfriend “the other” another woman. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

On more than one occasion I have referred to Mellka as Eden.

3 Likes

Who’s “Eden”?

2 Likes

She’s the character that Mellka cosplays as.

12 Likes

:joy: I just can´t stop laughing! Awwww now I feel mean…

Stop it! You guys are killing me! lol -gasps for air-

@blainebrossart1 got stuck in my head too, called Rath once Blaine when my fiance asked who I might play the match.

And when I need to pick one cookie from a jar I hand-wiggle as Orendi would. Her hand-wiggling is amazing.

7 Likes

I now laugh at any public school students and liberal arts majors.

13 Likes

I´d be lying if I´d say it would be otherwise in my case… liberal arts majors mostly, always giggle when I read or hear the term.

4 Likes

My girlfriend and I will occasionally quote Toby or ISIC to each other. On more than one occasion she has called me a liberal arts major in Marquis’s voice. I’m the one who plays the game.

5 Likes

You think you’re scary? Because I’LL SHOW YOU SCARY! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

3 Likes

I never did understand Marquis’s “liberal arts major” jibe. He’s a caricature of a Victorian imperialist and gentleman, right? Because among that crowd, unless you had an achingly irrelevant education in ancient history, obscure philosophy, and dead languages, you were deemed to lack proper “breeding…”

After all, the whole point of being a rich landlord is that you don’t need to study for a “trade” - you study philosophy and classics because you have the leisure time, and “making money” is for the plebs. He really should be making fun of anyone who isn’t a liberal arts major, haha

2 Likes

I got a display case for my birthday, and there’s an entire shelf in it devoted to Gearbox stuff on which I display those cool Battleborn pins (insert begging for Series 2 pin set here). Plus my current PC desktop background is the holiday picture from the last Battleplan.

One of the reasons I started writing Battleborn fanfiction was because I’m currently working a boring retail job while I finish up my degree. I have a somewhat active imagination, and one of the things I’ve always done to entertain myself when I’m bored with nothing to do is to think up stories and just play them out in my head over and over again like movies. Like, I’ve done this at least since I was at least 5 years old. Sometimes its original ideas, and in other cases it’s fan stuff. My Battleborn stories are one if the rare things from my head that I’ve actually taken time to sit and write down, edit, and share with people.

So yeah, this game has become a pretty big thing for me.

4 Likes

Well, they have that sort of Victorian aesthetic, but I think it’s made pretty clear that the LLC values science and innovation above everything else.

1 Like

Isn’t Phoebe supposed to be big on history and archeology though?

1 Like

Yes, but I think it’s so she can get at those “Eldrid magics” and work them into her inventions. Though that doesn’t mean she doesn’t enjoy the expeditions and respect Eldrid science.

And trust me, science professors LOVE to talk about science history.

1 Like