Where to put my last 6 skill points?

yah i use the E-Gun alot on Wilhelm, but Jack is Hyperion only!!

You don’t need all his gear Hyperion >.> 2 guns and all 4 items equalling a 60% crit bonus is plenty for me. Not gonna restrict myself from using other guns lol that’s silly

Btw I also recommended picking up a Maggie and a shock mailiwan gun… Seriously who wouldn’t want to use an elemantal Maggie in this game it simply destroys all things sheilds mean nothing to it anymore lol

if you read the OP, you would’ve known that i switch from Torgue or Vladof guns to my Hyperion gear to have explosive dmg on my Fatale or additional fire rate on my fast shotguns. so yeah, i run Hyp gear in 7 slots.

last 3 skill point option…

• Optimism (1/5)
  • Jack’s Cache
  • Commitment
  • Accountability (best with team co-op)

Hey Lex,

The build I run is rather close to the one you run (there are a few key differences, of course).

If you want to, follow this link to the Gearbox forum post with my build and check it out for yourself…

…or you could just check out the skill tree here.

Did they ever?

1 Like

this is the build i run now, and i think i won’t change it anymore.
works great for Eclipse/Eos, Holodome rounds and general mobbing, without respecing each time.

respeced out of “commitment”, since i think i never saw more than 4 stacks, which is a joke. put the point back in “you have my shield”.

ground me all kinds of Hyperion glitched shotties (None of them perfect, room for upgrades!), no luck with quad barrels yet though :frowning: .
plus luneshine Fatale and Practicable Viral Marketeer.
shield wise i switch between Shield of Ages and Rerouter (waiting to see an immunity one though).
my sponsored by gun is usually Torgue. for Eclipse/Eos Vladof.

it’s all personal preference i think. i personal wouldn’t run without “Integrity”.

also, i am always sceptical about those fire rate increasing skills, cause there seem to be certain fire rate caps, which you have to overcome, before you gain the next higher fire rate. at least on consoles.

other than that, yeah, quite similar.

I do agree that personal preference (and play style) does have a lot to do with people’s enjoyment of this and any game, and having said that, please know that I am not trying to tell you how to play this game in any way. I like so many others are simply putting my thoughts and experiences down, and my comments can be taken and/or left as any reader deems fit.

I am curious to know just how you play your build though. I’m having a difficult time trying to see how some of the skills you use are actually useful (Diversify for example), but that could be that I haven’t tested all of the skills in all combinations.

It appears to me as if you are trying to have your Digi-Jacks out to fight with you instead of just dying off quickly to keep you empowered.

I wholeheartedly agree with what you say about Commitment, and would like to throw in that Accountability (which I see you haven’t taken, good on you) is also a joke of a skill.

Now, if Commitment refreshed its timer while it kept gaining stacks like Collaborate does, then it’d be an awesome (and a bit overpowered IMO) skill. The fact that every stack has its own timer though makes it very underwhelming.

I used to use a resist shield, and I have to say, because of Winning giving such a large portion of my shield back every time I get a kill or the Digi-Jacks die, having a larger shield with the Shield of Ages has served me well.

As to Integrity this is simply where we will have to agree to disagree. I have tested this on Eclipse/EOS at the expense of some fire rate, and I must say that I was not impressed by it.

As far as those 2 are concerned, you only get the benefit of it against Eclipse after his entire shield and more than half of his health is gone, and against EOS you have to go through his shield 3 times in order to get benefit during his last phase only. During that last phase, he has a permanent critical spot, so he melts very quickly anyways. It’s worth it to me (again, against those two) to not have this skill.

Now, if you were to be talking about an enemy with only an HP pool, like say Iwajira, I can see how it could potentially be of benefit, but it still doesn’t change the fact that it only comes into play during the last 40% of the fight. That means that you have to fight whatever enemy you’re facing him with an inert skill for 60% of the fight.

…and against smaller enemies it’s just not necessary as 1 shot will take most enemies past half of their combined health (shields+HP), and the second shot will kill them with or without Integrity. Even tougher Badass enemies don’t pose much if any of a problem to take out if you have a kill skill running (which as Jack you should have constant kill skills).

About the fire rate increases, I do understand what you’re saying about it looking like there are fire rate caps that you have to break through, but using the weapons that I do, those being glitched Practicable Development Shotguns, I can tell the fire rate difference when I get the 10% bonus from simply swapping my weapons, and the same goes for whether I have 1, 2, 3, or 4 stacks of the Incentives buff.

Lean on me and Taxation of Trade Routes grants an up to 95% combined fire rate bonus just for those 2 skills alone. Sadly, I don’t know the exacts of how Taxation of Trade Routes of works, and how many weapons you need empty in order to get the full benefit, but let’s say for the sake of argument that it’s 1/4 of the skills power per weapon (though that seems inherently flawed to me), if you run around with 2 empty weapons that’s a 30% fire rate bonus, and with 3 empty (which when fighting normal enemies I run around with 3 empty), that would be a 45% fire rate bonus.

Since my HP is nearly always at full as long as I am getting kills (or Digi-Jacks are dying) that means in normal gameplay (non-boss) I am sitting at around an 80% fire rate bonus from those 2 skills alone at worse case.

It’s a noticeable difference in fire rate. I even used to use a Vladof swap to give myself an additional 35%, and I was very sorry to see it go because I felt so slow when I lost it to swap from a cryo Maliwan.

Hm, that reminds me. I was curious what your reasoning for swapping from a Torgue weapon was. I’ll admit that I haven’t played around with swapping from a Torgue weapon much, so I don’t know how it stacks up against other swaps.

You’d be surprised how effective that explosive damage buff can be. As you know not too many enemies if any at all resist it in this game. Slap it on an already electric or cryo gun and you have yourself a deadly combination.

1 Like

^^pretty much this^^
also, the synergy with my Fatale is really nice. cryo + explosive = win.

now for the Holodome badass round, i switched to Maliwan Cryo as my sponsored by effect.
that way, i could use all three elemental shotguns (shock, corrosive, fire) and still be able to freeze enemies.
bought an ammo moxxtail and made it.

Okay, I’ll do a comparative test to what I use, comparing Maliwan to Torgue for the swap, a Torgue swap with and without a cryo weapon, and further test just how good the Fatale is. I’m always willing to adjust my thinking when presented with a better option. =)

I’ll have to see what I can do with the Holodome Badass round with my current loadout. I wonder how I’ll do!

1 Like

i changed my build one last time, actually only switched 1 skill point. put the point from “you have my shield” into “optimism”.

now i think the build fits my playstyle with Hyperion only Jack equally perfect for general mobbing / Holodome Badass Round / Mutator Arena / Eclipse and Eos.

My build is very very close to this skill tree wise, instead of specing into Take their Freedom and Jacks Cache I go into a couple other things I feel flow with my play style and the build a lot better. (Also don’t have any points in either of his digi jack nova skills, tried it just not worth switching my play style and forcing myself to be on top of enemies at all times to ensure the novas hit and they can be quite diatracting/annoying.

If I’m not lazy maybe I’ll finally hit max level today (lvl 68 now) and upload a pic of my tree, equipment I feel isn’t too needed to list for this build unless requested. Whatever you enjoy using work pretty well all around.

Sorry it’s been so long since I said I would run some tests, work and family obligations have been kicking my ass.

I’m also lazy. =P

Anyways, I have run some tests, and here are the results of the tests that I’ve managed to run. As a note, this may not be new information for anyone.

Sponsored By… Maliwan & Torgue

17,773 Non-Elemental damage gun, no badass ranks, no skill damage boosts, no oz kit, UVHM

Non-Elemental :no_entry_sign: base damage
o Vs health: 17,773
 Crit: 35,545
 Frozen>Crit: 106k

o Vs shield: 17,776
 Crit: 35,544

o Vs Armor: 14,218 (80% damage)
 Could not readily test crits in Deck 13.5
_

Bonus Damage from swap

Fire :fire:
o Vs health: 7,776
o Vs shield: 1,776
o Vs armor: 1,778

Cryo :snowflake:
o Vs health: 4,444
o Vs armor: 4,444

Electric :zap:
o Vs shield: 11,104 (with seemingly increased chance of DoT)
o Vs armor: 4,444

Caustic
o Vs health: 2,666
o Vs armor: 7,776

Explosive :boom:
 Frozen hit: 13,330 (3x damage from 4,444) (75% bullet damage)
 Crit: 8,887 (2x damage from 4,444) (25% bullet damage)
 Frozen>Crit: 79,977 (18x damage from 4,444) (450% bullet damage)

o Vs shield: 3,552 (80% of HP bonus damage)
 Frozen hit: 10,664
 Crit: 7,112
 Frozen>Crit: 63,984

o Vs armor: 3,555 (80% of HP bonus damage)
 Frozen hit: 10,664
 Based on shield multipliers above…
• Crit: 7,118
• Frozen>Crit: 64,038

Result: Crits do not affect Maliwan’s bonus damage, but they do affect Torgue’s. I originally had the crit and frozen crit numbers for the Maliwan elemental swaps, but it would have been redundant information to place it here.

Freezing effects Torgue’s bonus damage.

Elemental resistances affect both Maliwan and Torgue’s bonus damage.

10/5 Company Man, Tranquility Oz Kit vs Support Relay Oz Kit

17,773 Non-Elemental damage gun, no badass ranks, full build, UVHM

Tranquility Oz Kit
Non-Elemental :no_entry_sign:
o Vs health: 24,217
 Crit: 106k

o Vs shield: 24,216
 Crit: 106k

o Vs Armor: 19,373

Support Relay Oz Kit
o Vs health: 22,704
 Crit: 108k

o Vs shield: 22,704
 Crit: 108k

o Vs Armor: 18,164

Results: Mixed in my opinion. You get better crits with the Support Relay, but better hits with the Tranquility

Sponsored By… Torgue, Bomber Oz Kit Vs Tranquility Oz Kit
17,773 Non-Elemental damage gun, no badass ranks, no skill damage boosts, UVHM

Tranquility Oz Kit
o Vs health: 24,217
 Crit: 48,433
 Frozen>Crit: 145k

o Vs shield: 24,216
 Crit: 48,432
 Frozen>Crit: 145k

o Vs Armor: 19,373 (80% damage)

o Vs health: 6,055
 Crit: 12,109
 Frozen>Crit: 108k

o Vs shield: 4,840
 Crit: 9,688
 Frozen>Crit: 87,176

o Vs armor: 4,844
_

Bomber Oz Kit

o Vs Armor: 14,218

 Crit: 8,887
 Frozen>Crit: 79,977

o Vs shield: 3,552
 Frozen>Crit: 63,984

o Vs armor: 3,555

Result: Bomber Oz Kit does not affect Torgue swap damage.

Sponsored By… Torgue, Just Compensation skill
17,773 Non-Elemental damage gun, no badass ranks, no skill damage boosts, no class mod, UVHM

Just Compensation skill, full grenades

 Could not readily test crits in Deck 13.
_

Just Compensation, no grenades

 Could not readily test crits in Deck 13.

Result: Just Compensation does not affect Torgue swap damage.

Side Note: I had the Ack Ack Oz Kit on me, and decided to test Just Compensation while I had it spec’d. Just Compensation does seem to affect the Ack Ack Oz Kit.

If you’re curious, this is the gun I was testing with for base damage:

I also did some general damage comparisons which I posted to my friend’s thread in the Nisha forums if you want to go take a look at it.

I have some fun to do still, slaughtering the badass round of the holodome, killing several bosses, dying over and over to level 9 Shadow-trap until i learn how to solo him (since my friend did it with his Nisha), and more! I’ll see when I can find the time to do so, and either update here or over at my thread.

1 Like

the Maggie is so sick with Jack and the Sponsored By capstone. the maliwan and vladof boosts are the bests, you can even switch from jakobs to it for damage boost.

this will be my build once I get to level 70. jack’s capstones are pretty sweet.