Which Bonus Stats System Would You Like to See For Borderlands 3?

• Weapon Proficiencies
  • B.A.R.
  • Something New
  • None

0 voters

1 Like

Where is the “all of the above” option?

2 Likes

Didn’t consider that one lol. But almost put in “Anything But B.A.R.” I probably would have voted for that one

1 Like

I’m a fan of BAR since I can start a new character and already have a leg up. I do think the system could use an update though. I mentioned before (on some long lost thread) that maybe as you unlock ranks you can increase the stats separately up to the number you’ve unlocked. I have a ludicrous Badass Rank and I get a little annoyed that I can’t keep my reload speed increase while also not one shoting everything until level 15.

1 Like

My favorite thing about the BAR was that it could be turned off. I didn’t have any issue with the system itself, mind; I just liked the fact that I could have all my characters on an even footing at the start of the game. I prefer that anything I do be something that anyone could be able to; I don’t want to find or give a strategy, only to find that it only works because one of us has a much higher BAR than the other. As for the Proficiency system, I don’t like it because it discourages experimentation. If you’re Level 72 and have been using Revolvers the entire game, you don’t have much incentive to use SMGs, as your Proficiency with them is significantly lower, so they aren’t as effective. BL2 made carrying around multiple weapon types much easier, as everything was basically equal.

3 Likes

While i agree with most of what you said, i disagree about proficiencies. I think it’s the opposite actually. It rewards you for using that type of weapon. So you will be more inclined to use a different weapon type. Also it does not take that much to level them up. And if you’ve been using a revolver the entire game, you’re most likely just obsessed with revolvers and nothing is going to change that lol. All that being said, i voted for something new.

1 Like

BAR, unallocated BAR looks badass.

1 Like

Fellow bad ass token collector eh?

1 Like

more like a TT player who don’t use BAR.

Yeah that’s what i mean. You have a bunch of bad ass tokens. Just sitting there. Like they are going to go up in value if you don’t spend them :wink: A collector

1 Like

I get what you’re saying, and don’t disagree, but if you are better with one weapon type than you are with another, there’s not as much incentive to use the other one. BAR affecting every aspect of every weapon was a lot more open. And I, at least, never found Proficiency easy to level.

2 Likes

I have a ton of badass points stockpiled just because I’m to lazy to sit there and redeem them all.

1 Like

If BAR returns I’d like it to be capped. Perhaps tokens earned after capping could be used to buy a currency like eridium or golden keys or something.

2 Likes

Yeah i can see that. To be perfectly honest seeing on how i’ve played much more BL2 than BL1, i’ve gone with nothing by way of extra buffs anyway. I will not use BAR. So i’m fine with nothing. But i expect GBX knows that their most hardcore and influential fans (the ones that test everything, build crazy guides, do the time trials) don’t use it. And that it is heavily and apparently easily abused by the modding community. So idc if they bring weapon profs back. I just hope BAR is dead.

As for easy to level, it very much is. Use your favorite weapon to bring rakkhive to within an inch of his life, switch to the weapon type you want to improve… rinse and repeat. Goes quickly

1 Like

I can see that. I didn’t play BL1 as much as I did BL2, so I was mainly going through to get to the end of the story; it never occurred to me to farm any boss like that for Proficiency. If I end up playing BL1 again (a friend is going through the entire series with his GF, and I have offered to join him, but am not sure if I can afford the Remaster right now due to motorcycle repairs), I’ll keep it in mind.

2 Likes

I just happened upon that because i farmed rakkhive for xp lol. But yeah i hope you can get it. I’m really enjoying right now. Muuuch smoother than i remember. Although im playing on PS4 and it’s not in the best state as far as co op goes. And that’s putting it nicely. And yes, the motorcycle would most certainly be the priority.

I didn’t mean to dismiss your weapon prof opinion. I see your point and depending on character/build/preference… it could be very hard to be excited about trying a new weapon type late game. Both systems could use a touch up. Which is why im kinda hoping for something new or nothing.

1 Like

You weren’t being dismissive. You were providing an alternate point of view. Like I said, I saw exactly where you were coming from, and at no point did I disagree with what you were saying.

1 Like

I went with something new because I would like both.

Reasoning being the weapon proficiencies from BL1 were specific to each character. While B.A.R was a bonus all characters benefitted from. I might have also enjoyed the whole Excalibastard thing from TPS that was based on it too and wouldn’t mind finding other surprises based on it later.

2 Likes

How about a proficiency system based on manufacturer allegiance rather than weapon types?

2 Likes

Would it apply to all gear or just weapons? Like if they had shield skills and grenade etc…