Which enemies annoy you the most?

Topic says it all. General enemies or bosses count.

So yeah, which enemies really grind your gear at times? I really really really hate those rat thief bastards. Once I was fighting two Goliaths at once and two of those bastards stole from me. One stole 10mill, the other stole 12mill. Killed the one that took the 10, never ended up finding the bastard that stole 12 million from me.

I also hate that thrashers or whatever they’re called; the ones that suck you into them to where you’re trapped unless you kill them, and as you know, in UVHM unless you’re Op8 it’s not easy at times. I was climbing this platform and one of those things at the bottom of it just pulls me back down and sucks me in, and I was immediately destroyed by all his friends.

Those two are the most annoying in my opinion.

Have to agree with your choices. Rat thieves aggravate me to no end, but at least they don’t steal gear from you, just cash. As for Wormhole threshers, don’t get me started on their singularity ability. It’s why I love explosive weapons: pull me in and I’ll blow you up. It’s pretty easy to since when doing that move, they can’t move so slow projectiles aren’t hindered by missing due to movement.

Bloodsplosion doesn’t discriminate.

3 Likes

Across all three games?

BL1:
Green Worms
Craw Maggots
Defilers

BL2:
Rats of any kind
Buzzards
Witch Doctors
Orcs
Skeletons
Anchormen
Anyone who back pedals

TPS:
Flying enemies
More back pedalers
Psychos’ stomp spam

HAHA I hate those guys who back pedal. They’re right in front of me when they kill me, I try to kill them in FFYL and when they have one tiny drop of health left they hide behind something. God I hate them.

get a nukem and learn how to arc over walls.

(BL2 only)

None, really - I love them all. Their AI largely seems to do what it’s supposed to, and it’s for my own failings that I get killed.

Wormhole and UBA Pyre threshers are the only two enemy types for which I largely do not have a strategy other than never straying from cover to survive. Because I can’t tell when they’re coming (as opposed to some other “easier” thresher burrowing through the ground that I could deal with), never straying from cover is how I roll.

When I go strolling into the open turf of the highlands and three Wormhole threshers pop out and play tug of war with me to my ultimate demise, that’s my fault (“Never get out of the boat!”) At least with UBA Pyre threshers, if I get caught off guard and eat the gigantic nova, I have a chance to get away (with everyone except Maya, who doesn’t have a disposable turret/robot/hologram to sacrifice to make a safe run to cover). With her, I try to take advantage of their tendency to want to “wash off” slag, so I hit them with Ruin and cross my fingers that they’ll dive (and that I can get to cover before it resurfaces).

I am open to suggestions for easier ways to handle this situation with Maya, but you may only choose from Hyperion or Tediore weapons (but may freely include Anshin or Pangolin shields).

The good thing is they only spawn on a few points so you can be ready for them, pyros I mean. My twister does well on them by also kitten or hails.

Buzzards, Surveyors, Mages in TTADK (the ones that cloak / teleport and shoot lightning), Rabid Skags, Rabid Stalkers and Spiderlings…especially the Spiderlings.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Anytime I’m headed into Spiderant territory I always wear a spike shield for this very reason.

I typically wear an Antagonist shield, which is part of the reason the Spiderlings are so annoying. There’s nothing like getting Slagged by your own shield in UVHM.

I can’t believe no one mentioned rabid stalkers, major pain in the a$$. Next on the list would be mages(sp) and rakks.

Actually, I mentioned the Rabid Stalkers and Mages above.

[quote=“Derch, post:8, topic:477934”]The good thing is they only spawn on a few points so you can be ready for them, pyros I mean. My twister does well on them by also kitten or hails.[/quote]Twister, Kitten, and Hail are Jakobs and Vladof weapons, two of which are Moxxi-themed. They’ll definitely kill the critter and might even let me tank through his damage output. What I’m looking for is a way to be ready for them that doesn’t involve running from one protected space to another (again, with Maya, and you only get to equip Hyperion or Tediore gear). Note: this is a self-imposed nerf, and it’s possible that there’s no elegant way around this (which is fine). Maya is very adept at running from point to point like that.

I see those UBA Pyre threshers almost everywhere threshers can spawn? They’re unusual outside of a few regular places to be sure, but they are definitely out there. The only places I can think of where I haven’t seen them is Orbital Processing and Receiving in the Highlands Outwash, the thresher spawn point in Caustic Caverns “In the Digger’s Shadow” (although given that I’ve seen them in the other two spawn locations there, I have no reason to think this is off limits for them), and just across Blake Bridge from Overlook in the Highlands (maybe so as not to interfere with the Hyperion dude with the vending machine on his back? Maybe I just haven’t seen one there yet.)

As soon as I replied I realized someone did list rabids. I’m just surprised they weren’t at the top of everyone’s list. :slight_smile:

They’re not on mine because I’ve learned how to deal with them more effectively, and I’m usually too focused to be annoyed. Buzzards however… :dukerage:

Wormhole Threashers = WHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. In the OP levels its just like… PRAY you get a second wind off something.

Definitely rabid stalkers for me, and those flamethrower loaders when close up. I’m sort of okay now with the rabids after I learned how to side-step them - those fire-launchers though need a bit of distance.

I’m also a hater of the rat men miners.

I haven’t played enough characters in TPS yet to have found any big problems - I’d say though that the Eternals always seem to re-gen just as I’m reloading and even weapon-swap doesn’t seem to complete the job before they do. Mind you, I haven’t really invested enough time in understanding the builds fully, not yet (I still don’t truly understand the builds in BL or BL2 either…but hey :smile:)

rabid stalkers, hot loaders when im melee zero and the mages (i am not sure how they are called) because they take forever to re spawn and when they spawn its only for a second.

Try standing completely still. Their AI makes them run when you charge them. When you stand still they don’t flee as often.