Whose the Empress? Is she still alive?

I looked on raths lore stuff and didn’t see anything… maybe I wasn’t looking close enough

You mean who Empress Lenore is?

She was the imperatrix/empress of the Jennerit empire before Rendain took over.

Lenore was also the one who discovered/invented the “Sustainment”.

Can´t answer the “still alive”-question, since I´ve not come to play the last DLC yet -.-

4 Likes

YeH… some of the Rath Lore suggests…

spoiler

That she had a warring faction of jennerit who fought rendain… but the events of the game don’t show any further jennerit fighting him… it seems like there isn’t much of a jennerit resistance to him except the battleborn themselves

1 Like

In the Phoebe dlc Rath is still, emotionally, looking for her.

1 Like

Also in the Phoebe Story Op, it’s mentioned that the empress is still alive on the Varelsi side of the portal. Rath goes particularly nuts at this point.

2 Likes

It’s really not a spoiler to say she’s alive since it’s confirmed in the prologue.

1 Like

It is implied by Rendain that she is still alive.

1 Like

Can u guys post pics or clips of what you’re referring to? I’d like to piece this part of the story together… it’s intriguing me more than I thought it would

1 Like

Let me straighten you out a little bit here.

Lenore was/is the Empress of the Jennerit. Rendain was always a high ranking figure. He basically staged a coup and took over the Jennerit Empire in order to force the Jennerit to side with the Varelsi in exchange for survival for the Jennerit when the Varelsi ‘inevitably’ take every last star.

Cuz ya know… if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em.

In the story campaign, it is suggested that Lenore is still alive. Whether she is imprisoned or somehow twisted by the varelsi and what she is doing is all open to speculation. I couldn’t name any specific instances, but iirc, Ambra, Deande, and others suggest that the Empress would never have stooped to siding with the Varelsi, hence the idea that she is either a prisoner or… tranformed or brainwashed by the Varelsi/Rendain.

2 Likes

^^^Strong in the art of the Necromancer

Through the passage of time peoples opinions change with information and experience
The people who you are replying to could have very likely already came to the same conclusion as you
Or they may simply not care anymore
Evident by the fact that this hasn’t been discussed on 3-4 months
If you really want to start a discussion about something
I think that’s fantastic
Start a dialogue on in a new topic in regards to something new and relevant
And it’s probably not a great idea to insult a mods (or anyone else for that matter) intelligence

1 Like

I do appreciate someone caring enough to respond to my last post… I’m still interested… even if he did do it in a somewhat snobby way lol

Okay, let’s move on.