Why are the HW2 Remastered missions auto ending?

Every single mission I’ve played thus far in Homeworld 2 Remastered has auto ended, not giving me a chance to rebuild my fleet and collect resources. I don’t remember it being like this in the classic version.

That’s how it was in HW2 classic.

The story is, that you are in a hurry. There is no time to wait around, Hiigara needs to be saved! :slight_smile:
And yes it was so in classic hw2.

The only way round this issue in HW2 (without some kind of mod) was to work out what the trigger events were, and just don’t set them off till your ready to leave. Most of the time it was telegraphed in the mission briefs.

you know… go there and fetch that… kill these enemy’s…etc. etc. not ideal but it does give you back a little control if you feel the game is driving you along to quickly.

This is one of the things I always hated abpot HW2! Never allowed time to replace or prepare.

1 Like

It’s a story telling mechanic that I feel was very well used to convey the urgency/severity of the situation. Your home planet is being bombarded from orbit. Every minute you delay thousands die, family members of the crew and fleet even.

The contras with how HW1 was makes it even more apparent and striking.

But hay, that’s just my opinion :wink:

Also yes, this is exactly the same as HW2 classic. Maybe you should play that first so you know to blame HW2 rather than remastered :stuck_out_tongue: