Why does the Alani dab taunt exist?

I’m offended I just got this

Why?

I’mean so tired of the fad, it should’very died off

So are you offended or are you tired of seeing that gesture? In either case, I would advise you to ignore it and move on. Like myself, there are others who enjoy that taunt, so I hope you weren’t going to suggest removing it.

3 Likes

Because raisins

4 Likes

Honestly I didn’t know what dab was until Alani. I was oblivious to the reference then my brother nearly flipped a table when he saw it.

2 Likes

What’s a dab?

What’s this reference referring to anyway?

1 Like

I am also interested in knowing this… Also, why and how will a little one “do ya”? :smirk:

Doctor Mobius, is that you?

No, this is mac10smg, Toa of Green.
:confused:

1 Like

Someone lock this dumbass thread

1 Like

I was refering to a NPC from Fallout, due to your raisin comment.

1 Like

Alani is a character I love, but I hate almost all of her taunts and skins (the exception is Make It Rain).

It’s because she desperately craves popularity / acceptance (like a lot of insecure high school age girls), so she goes along with all the popular new fads in an attempt to fit in and be accepted.

3 Likes

Well, dead fads is kinda Alani’s thing, once you read the lore. In dire need of friends, she hops on these fads, and doesn’t know when to ABANDON THREAD! I actually enjoy it, but if it offends you, don’t be afraid to get glorious revenge and taunt back! I find that in a back and forth game, taunts become awesome, and Alani’s are good at taking you out of a stomping game to just enjoy the game. @morgster1

1 Like

I actually love it. I’m old enough to have never heard of it until the last couple years, in which I’ve increasingly witnessed my peers don their Old Man Cranky titles IRL and complain about the youth and their stupid fads, conveniently forgetting that once upon a time they thought doing the soulja boy made them hip.

So now I use the dab taunt because it annoys people who think they’re “too cool” to like dabbing. It’s great.

1 Like

Gearbox always throw in pop culture references.
I hate the dab fad too, but honestly it fits because that’s what Gearbox does.

3 Likes

Here’s a weird video that covers the rich history of The Dab.

2 Likes

Gotta love First World problems.

Just wanted to clarify: the fact that you don’t like the taunt is your right, but getting offended by it is…well, reference the above video. :wink:

6 Likes

3 Likes