Why don't I have .sav files

For some reason I have a steam cloud vdf file instead of .sav files in my saves folder. Does anyone know why this is and if I can change it?

I had the same issue and just assume with the recent updates they changed the location of the saves or made them hidden files.

You’re probably looking in the wrong location. The save files should be at C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Borderlands 3\Saved\SaveGames\some_long_number

Nope, that’s not the solution. I have the path you’re referring to saved via shortcut and the directory is empty.

If they’ve been hidden by default, that should be easy to check, no?

It’s also possible that the active save game folder has been remapped to a different drive, either through Steam or Windows.

There is another location I found for my Steam install:

D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 3\OakGame\Saved\SaveGames\some_long_number

My Steam folder is on a 2nd SSD, but I believe it’s in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam by default. When I looked in that folder, there is only the steam_autocloud.vdf file. My save files have always been in my documents location, and haven’t been affected by updates.

If showing hidden files in the documents location doesn’t reveal the files, try your Steam or Epic install folders.

If you still can’t find the save files, search your entire drive for profile.sav. It has to be there somewhere or else you wouldn’t have any items in your bank or cosmetics in the new-u station.

1 Like

Did you have OneDrive installed and then disabled or uninstalled it?

I’m not sure what happened but the problem seems to have fixed itself when my computer rebooted? I don’t really know, but thank you everyone who replied and tried to help. :slight_smile:

1 Like