Why don't people talk

(specifically ps4)
sadly i usually run around with a hot mic and the rest of you scrubz have to listen to me call you scrubz

2 Likes

Wow, you’re so cool!

2 Likes

Not sure if scrubz is a welcome term but anywhoo…
Yeah. Lots of people don’t want to talk. Not surewhy. It make things so much easier. I’m not a mic fan but when I’m playing coop I force myself to use it. Unfortunately found out just like you that many chose to remain silent.
C’mon folks. You’re not on national television. It’s not that intimidating. I don’t expect (or wish) people to be super “chattie”. Just a little tid bit of coordination to help everyone.
… And I don’t care if you have an accent or anything. I’m french Canadien and I make the effort.

1 Like

I don’t talk if it’s going to be about the game… In my mmo experiences people want you to discord (or Skype back in the day) but then always talked over you and when they missed something it’s all your fault. Kinda just kills it for any game going forward.

Wanna talk about football or something while we game then I’m cool, if you need to coordinate attacks in a shooter it’s cause you can’t handle it on your own and not my problem.

1 Like

If I ever deigned to play with random people, I certainly wouldn’t have my headset on.

1 Like

Because people are mostly rude ■■■■■■■■ and don’t feel comfortable with their snarky little jabs unless they have complete anonymity and an echo chamber of like minded bufoons to validate their negativity.

At least that’s been my experience.

That’s also why I run with the same small circle of legit peeps all the time though.

3 Likes

exactly

1 Like

you have no clue

a valid point

understandable… ignore my “scrubz” comment in the original post, i’m actually very polite

1 Like

no worries if you do, they don’t usually talk, however it is nice to have a mic so you can direct them.

3 Likes

Haha me too. Despite my pessimistic outlook towards fellow humans.

2 Likes

the world is so full of scrubz!
am i right or am i right!

It had its eight seasons. Let it go.

eight is enough?

1 Like

Multiple reasons.

1. I’m usually playing more than 1 game at a time.
  2. I’m also watching TV while doing point 1.
  3. I may also be snacking or having a meal while doing 1 and 2.
  4. Children need to read more >.>

That. Is an excellent reason.
Etiquette please… :slight_smile:

a lot of people quit using mics because the rate of people being turned in for saying “bad” things increased dramatically the last 10 years. back in the early 00’s you could say what you wanted and nobody batted an eye. now you call someone a butthole and they report you for talking trash. so to prevent getting banned again a lot of people just quit using mics, and that carried over to friendlier games such as Borderlands. before 7/10 players had a mic in and now you’re lucky if you get 1 person because a lot of people are afraid of being banned for the dumbest things.

ex: Titanfall 2 i was killed and tea bagged by opponent, so i tea bagged back and sent message saying “right back at you, hope you enjoy my butt on your mouth.” i got reported and banned for a week…i didn’t say anything too bad and didn’t even start the problem. why talk at all if everyone is reporting each other instead of ignoring or blocking each other. Microsoft cradles these “victims” and cleans their butts for them.********

And I would probably mute everybody anyway. The few times I was grouping with people in auto-mic games it was really annoying cuz of all the breathing, eating, slurpling, bad jokes or straight out ghetto gangstah talk…brrrr

3 Likes

I usually have my mic unplugged cause I’m listening to music while gaming and/or munching out too
Haven’t played any public games on Borderlands 3 but I know I’d just use the ping system, like in Apex Legends

1 Like