Why even play an assault character?

Play whatever you enjoy :slight_smile: and being more important than an assault is easy. Every team needs a healer and if we need more damage we could always just throw another tank at them

Did u fight the same team with the same characters?

Composition maters, accuracy maters. Is not the sames to play alani vs big dumb targets than nimble targets who know how slow alani’s water balloons are.

Dmg dealt in the end means nothing compared to kills and miniom kills.

As u can see i did a lot of dmg but didnt get kills, i did a poor job in that match.

Alani has Riptide and Emergence, AoE attacks, and is constantly in lane. So I do kinda see why she would have top damage. KU especially because of minion waves. His damage is multiplied by five for each rocket if one rocket hits all enemies in a minion wave.

Take the supports out to Capture or something, I feel like attackers would outdamage them. Thorn will have 9000 damage the first five minutes into the match while Miko is sitting at like half that. Also in 1v1s a support could not out-damage attackers.

3 Likes

Ok, stop saying that, since that’s totally subjective. Maybe you just like support more, support is my least played class but that don’t mean nothin’.

I really, really do not believe you’re getting a bunch of awesome kills and topping the scoreboard in damage every time you pick up Alani. Are you paying attention to teammates or focusing solely on damage? If you played Benedict you’d outdamage her and get more kills. Ghalt too. Even Toby would in some cases. Because either your experiences are an outlier, you are misunderstanding, or your teammates who play attackers are straight dumb.

Maybe you’re just not playing Oscar the right way? Aim for crits all the time and blow up minion waves, target choke points with frags and napalm. You can melt stuff.

2 Likes

I second this motion.

1 Like

You mean if there ISN’T a decent Toby, Orendi, Ernest, Benedict, etc. on your team…

In some cases? If Toby isn’t topping damage by a large margin something is wrong.

4 Likes

Like ■■■■■■■■ harass? U know toby can be countered by a lot of ranged characters.

1 Like

Even than his damage output is insane. I’ve seen great Toby players go against counters and still have insane damage dealt.

1 Like

No I dont. Any attacker (what i would consider toby) while having a much higher dps can easily have a lower total damage dealt than a lower dps support.
This is especially true for Toby as despite his high damage and wave clear he tends to get forced out of lane which is a lot of time not attacking. For a full explanation read above

No, i’m good. My fictional literature needs are currently being met by The Count of Monte Cristo. All i’ll say is that you must play with some REALLY sh*tty Tobies and Orendies, if Alani is dealing more damage than them, because they are two of the strongest, if not THE two strongest, damage dealers in the game…

This^.

Also this^.

4 Likes

I play with @vagrantsun a lot and while Toby can only be in lane briefly when getting focused, he still gets work done. Arc mine is the strongest AoE in the game outside of an ult and destroys minion waves. Toby still has the highest ranged base DPS in the game.

3 Likes

Yeaaaaaaaaaaah not really sure why past-me put “in some cases.”

2 Likes

Even you have to admit there are far more bad Toby than good. And yes I admit I’ve very rarely played with a good one

That shouldn’t be taken into consideration (if the majority of players are bad with a character or not). What most people do with Toby doesn’t change the fact that his total damage output should be through the roof.

You look at the average Boldur player and you’d think the character is weak as hell. In reality he’s arguably the strongest character in the game.

3 Likes

The skill range of the Tobies you have played with doesn’t make this-

-Untrue. I know some of the best Alani players on PS4 (@MiSS_SHARiNGAN, @SirWalrusCrow, @AncientBelgareth), and who i play with or against often enough, that i feel they will back me up on my claim that an equally skilled Toby or Orendi will take top damage 80% of the time, if something didn’t go horribly wrong for the Finisci or chaos witch. @SirWalrusCrow even mains Toby as a fourth or fifth character, for added perspective.

For Orendi, @Ashbweh, who ALSO mains Toby for some added perspective. Ash, sweety…? How often are you NOT top damage dealer with Orendi and Toby?

3 Likes

I wasn’t remarking on Toby balance. If a Toby is dead half the game his damage won’t be through the roof regardless of how much damage the character can do (I’ve had this happen). Yes Toby can have very high damage I’ve not argued that at all. The only thing I’ve said is a character that has to constantly move, leave lane, etc. Anything that takes time away from attacking can have a smaller total damage dealt than a lower dps that can stay in lane attacking. Not comparing dps, character balance, etc

1 Like

Which confirms that you have not played with any skilled Toby mains, and so i will respectfully bow out of this argument, for my opposition does not have enough data, in my opinion.

2 Likes

And I brought up

Toby’s damage output is so high that he can still power trough his counters. Even if he’s getting bullied out of lane constantly the brief moments when he’s there will make a massive difference.

2 Likes

Yep. 5 seconds of Toby with his forcefield up uncontested is all it takes for a kill sometimes.

2 Likes