Why have a "billion" weapons if only 10 are viable?

I know every game has a meta and all weapons wont be viable late game. But most rpg’s or similar games only have about 400 items in the entire game and still has about 50 viable gear for end game. So if you look at that ratio and look at borderlands 3, 1 billion weapons to only 10 being viable is absurd.

They should’ve made some viable green or purple gear as well. If not, then it shouldn’t be in the loot pool late game. It’s crazy most people know their slogan “1 billion guns” and think there will be diversity but in reality your left with only 10 guns.

I’m sure people can say “turn your mayhem level down or you can still use them but it’ll take longer I do it all the time”. The point isnt to make the game harder on yourself on purpose or make it easier, that should naturally be in the game without me tweaking things.

This game wasn’t perfect but definitely on the right path with mayhem 1.0 there was more diversity and alot of builds and weapons viable. They should’ve kept that formula and expanded on that. So far mayhem 2.0 has been a let down. I hope Gearbox can get this game back in a good state soon because it’s not looking good right now.

6 Likes

So they can water down the loot pool and make grinding more tedious

4 Likes

isn’t even 10 now, it’s more like 5-7.

4 Likes

Why have a “billion” weapons if only 10 are viable?

I would like Gearbox to answer that question

6 Likes

Most of em seem to be randomly generated anyway so i cant see any problem with what gearbox is doing but i hope they will get more creative and more engaged with the support of this game for years to come .

Recursion
Plaguebearer
Backburner
Monarch
???
???
???

1 Like

just realise this at this minute dead space has more weapon choice than b3 lol

6 Likes

someone did the whole thing with lucky 7 & seen sand hawk still get used also so theres no.5 & 6

Because the climb up to 57 is saturated in variety.

Let’s talk about lvl 42. Its a part of the game and variations on loadouts for all lvl 42’ers out there is probly… HUGE.

End game isn’t the whole game … Yo

1 Like

A billion guns were never meant to be viable on the hardest difficulty of a revamped endgame / postgame difficulty grind.

The game has a billion guns (in theory, or however close the numbers get). You use a ton of them throughout any number of playthroughs. The fact that the number of useful weapons decreases as you increase Mayhem levels doesn’t actually mean for the entire game you use ten weapons. That’s disingenuous.

1 Like

is not that called like trash design tho? what if monarch reflux was same level as dictator and brainstormer what if recursion did not multiply pallets like rabbits what if sandhawk had same dps as lyuda what if backburner did not do more damage then ion canon, what would you say then keep this scaling? are you god with dlc 1 being far lower scaled than dlc 2?

no one is asking to do take down with green atomizer pistol or matching element wolfhound ffs there is decrease in viability and then there is what we have now, how long till you are super bored of using same 20 viable guns? gearbox themselves are advocating for options, they are admitting that scaling needs to go down. was not gearbox adamant about not bringing op levels to the game and now jamming OP levels with mayhem on top of it down people’s throat?

Exactly, I feel like on mayhem 10 since it’s supposed to be 2500% more loot, purples and greens shouldn’t even drop.

1 Like

It’s really like 4-5 I was being nice lol

:slight_smile: lol

Me too. Especially now lol Atleast in mayhem 1.0 there were like 20-35 viable weapons. The golden days :cry:

2 Likes

The only 2 ill add to your list is probably the reflux and OPQ and that’s pretty much the weapons :joy::joy:

Endgame isnt the whole game but everyone gets there eventually. Most other games end game content is what people look forward to. Either way, we should have more than 7 viable weapons if we have a billion. No way around it.

1 Like

i reached max level 2 days after the launch , does that mean viability should end in 2 days?

1 Like

If you read my post, I never said we should have a billion viable weapons. But out of a billion we should definitely have more than 7 viable weapons end game. Imagine playing warframe which maybe has 600 weapons. They have over 150 viable weapons at the hardest difficulty. Everyone isnt running around with the same build and gear.

3 Likes

I feel like every legendary should be viable if built around if not… then why are they even a Legenday. Make them purple or green. Every game I ever played RPG’s, card games, FPS, etc. all legendaries are good. Of course some should be better than others but the weaker ones should still usable period.

3 Likes