I’m not here to talk about Overwatch. I’m not here to talk about how Overwatch will annhiliate this game in sales and replayability. No, I’m here to rain haterade on Battleborn because this is not Gearbox at it’s best and for $60 we deserve Gearbox’s best.
The main reason I’m about to rain haterade on Battleborn and point out everything wrong with the game is actually because of the fans. Yea, I’m suprised too. Suprised that the fans would be so blind as to ignore or brush off Gearbox’s mistakes constantly instead of making the developers accountable for their actions (or in this case, inactions). The only answer I can ever get for everything wrong in this game is “I’m sure they’ll fix it”. Unless you actually work at Gearbox you cannot be sure that they’ll do anything.
Now that that’s over with, let’s count the things that I’ve been told will be “fixed”
- Long queue times in MM
- PUGs vs Premades
- Overgrowth geometry
- Echelon still causing people to crash
- Character-specific gear having RNG stats
- The backdoor nerfing that Gearbox did last night on Alamo-7 Armor. Seriously Gearbox, at least have the decency to put it in the patch notes.
- The disjointed and bare-bones storyline
- Advanced Saboteur being almost impossible to complete
- The mere handful of maps currently available for PVP
- framerate drops
- player collisions. OMG the player collisions.
- no indicators when playing healer when people are about to die.
- Performance issues
When we as fans fail to hold developers accountable we get games like Duke Nukem Forever and Alien: Colonial Marines. When we hold developers accountable we get games like Borderlands 2. We cannot expect developers to do the best when we do not expect the best from them.