Why the mobility nerf?

I’m a bit late on this but why the Caldarius nerf? Because he can “negate” slows? That really didn’t seem like a problem considering he is suppose to be one of the most mobile characters in the game and disabling his main mobility option for when he gets touched by the most common CC doesn’t fit.

1 Like

The reason it was nerfed is because it was never intended to negate slows in the first place. Like Shayne’s cancel fetch instant recharge, they just fixed a bug.

1 Like

Still seems rather dumb to disable such a crucial part of his kit for when he’s slowed.

I always thought it was dumb he could negate a slow the way he did. Just the meta behind that seemed so dumb to me, but considering attack speed isn’t affected anymore with slows, this became less of an issue.

3 Likes

Again, he is arguably the most mobile character in the game rivaled by Mellka. It makes sense that the most mobile characters should have protection against slows without the use of a skill. Caldarius should be no exception. If anything, it should’ve been silences that disabled his thrusters.

So he should be essentially immune to another players CC?

Gravitic Burst, man

I didn’t say that. Most mobile characters are still very susceptible to other CCs.

It’s also on a fairly long cd.

Yes it is. Because not having your skill or some such take effect ruins the fun of games. It feels pointless and you feel useless

1 Like

Why didn’t they reduce the dash distance while he’s slowed? Disabling his dashes completely feels too much for what slow should do to characters. If you’re hit with 50% slow you should lose 50% of your movement speed. It is correct for every character except Caldy who loses much more than 50%. In fact, a few characters lose even less that 50% in this case…

2 Likes

Then explain to me why Benny, Mellka, and Thorn are all able to ignore slows without the use of a skill.

That seems much more reasonable.

They’re not?
Air stall and burst propulsion have cooldowns so they don’t apply here

1 Like

All of them are effected by slows. Even their mobile skills are reduced. I have chased them down before with Rath and Pendles by slowing them.

3 Likes

That is how it works. The old way, Caldi’s double jump removed any slow effect. The current way, the slow effect stays for the duraction of the CC. Caldi’s double jump is effected by the slow, not ignored completly.

2 Likes

They’re not skills though and they still have slides and double or high jumps.

1 Like

They must not have been very good then. Any good Mellka, Thorn, or Benny would be able to ignore most slows.

2 Likes

Or they characters could have been acting properly in the game. Or I could be damn good at this game.

1 Like

Caldy’s double jump (strafe) is completely removed when slowed. Anyways, the old way, Caldy was still affected by slows, he just had an easier time because of his strafe.