Will height differences affect game strategy?

I ask because I’m watching a few playthroughs of the PAX demo. Whenever an enemy jumps onto a crate or object much taller than the surrounding landscape, AoE attacks(specifically those that make the ground itself damaging instead of forming an orb) seem to ignore them. Is this just a thing that will be fixed by release or is this a feature to counter players overusing crowd control attacks?

1 Like

I’m going to assume that this is intended behavior. It would suck to be someone like Benedict gliding 15+ feet over the ground and then all of the sudden be hit with slowness or poison or some other AOE effect. Mainly because I don’t see it making sense for something to have unlimited AOE vertically but be limited to a 10 foot radius horizontally (unless it’s something like calling down thunder from the heavens and in that case it makes perfect sense to me and I’m all for it). Some stuff should be ground based only, some should operate in an orb range, but I think few, if any, should work with no height limit to AOE.

1 Like