Will I be able to mod the game so that I can have the Relic badge appear instead of Gearbox?

No offense it is just that the Relic badge was far better looking and I would rather have that in my copy of the game than the Gearbox logo. Also, it just feels a little too disingenuous having that ‘GEARBOX; software’ badge inserted in game.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #2

what particular badge are you talking about?

Also, what would you find disingenuous about it? Are you suggesting that Gearbox shouldn’t put their badge in the game?

(aka LightBRz) #3

I’m sry, but I’m laughing hard on this, lol.

(Skeeteruk) #4

Hmm I wonder if the old sierra and relic intros are in still but with gbx in too.

(Lukyhre) #5

As far as we know, Intros have been changed with ones that resembles the aesthetic of trailers (all blue and stuff). I’m fine with it, and everyone should, because this is practically a new game.
Despite that, I can understand it would be cool to launch HWR and watch a Remastered Relic intro with THAT Turanic Raider chatter at the end :smile:

The original versions have the intros untouched, btw.

Yes, I am being tongue in cheek but not overly so IMO. Still, I think the relic badge just looks better.

(Chimas) #7

“No offense” ahahahah
Now, imagine him really offending … rsrsrsrsrs

You’ll probably be able to put the badge you want, including pin ups from WWII if desired (this one provided if you mod a little).

Well I could give it a try?

More seriously, I do think it disingenuous to see that ‘GEARBOX; software’ badge and splash screen. In F1 teams will say stuff like Williams Renault. What is under the hood counts. If remastering is to be the next trend then some new labels are going to be needed.

(Goose3) #9

For the classics maybe but I doubt it … Even Coh1 had suddenly the Sega logo in it although they didn’t have anything to do with the game while it shipped many years ago…

As for the badges not sure if we will even get them at all so far I haven’t seen any indication in the videos. Although in 1 vid it showed the typical player setups HW2 used to have. So I’d imagine that it would still be in it. Unlikely though that you will get your Relic and Sierra badges as that are competitive companies to Gearbox. Why would they promote them? If money is involved which is the case they wont. Perhaps some photo shopper can get it done for you. Actually I even did it myself back then it’s rather simple…In your case it’s even simpler as you simply need to extract the picture file which is fully finished modding wise and import it into the remastered game.

(Chimas) #10

Ok, don’t get mad. It was funny.

They are the owners of the IP, I don’t see a problem having their logo wherever.
If you think it’s disingenuous or some sort of opportunism, you shouldn’t buy it, if this is so important to you. But I’m certain you can MOD that later to insert relic’s splash screen in your game.

About Williams Renault, I don’t see them acknowledging anywhere under the hood that variable geometry was developed by Nelson Piquet, so I had to stick with WR until they put a steering bar in the head of Ayrton Senna. Now I don’t watch the boredom of F1 anymore, but that’s not because of WR alone.

The game is being recovered by fans, so I don’t know why badges and splash screens matter now.

I am not mad mate. I have no probs with what you say here.

(Ta Erog) #12

Since they OWN it now?!? So they are going to put there logo on it?!?
and more to the point they are putting allot of effort into it. Sure as hell they are going to put there logo on it.
some of the old relic devs are working for gearbox at this time. Again Gearbox.

Sorry, I do not even sure how

Could be even considered in any way.

edit oops did not see the other response till after I posted.

(Goose3) #13

relax guys he asked and we answered… stay calm all those !!! are irritating… We shall see the end result in 2 long very freaking long days… :smiley:

Well, the majority of the coding efforts are to do with the engine and Gearbox did not make that nor contribute the most to developing it. They actually say this in their PRESS releases.

Therefore, having ‘Gearbox; software’, the software bit, pop up is disingenuous; it implies they were responsible for the majority of the coding endeavors, which they were not. That’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

2 very, very, VERY, long days.

(Goose3) #15

[quote=“Purplfluffybunny, post:14, topic:92773”]
Well, the majority of the coding efforts are to do with the engine and Gearbox did not make that nor contribute the most to developing it. They actually say this in their PRESS releases.

Therefore, having ‘Gearbox; software’, the software bit, pop up is disingenuous; it implies they were responsible for the majority of the coding endeavors, which they were not. That’s just my opinion, feel free to disagree.[/quote]

That’s politics and capitalism life with it we life in that god forsaken world 35 years to long although it had reached it worse part approx. 25 years ago. @Globalization. But that’s another topic to discuss and here is not the right time and place to do just that…

(Ta Erog) #16

You do realize IP changes hands allot? and not all games stay under one developer, owner, distributor? The only ones that count is what it is released by. And it is up to them to put additional credits.
But since we are ONLY talking a logo. This is a non starter. Gearbox HAS to put their logo on it. it makes so sense not to even if this was not a massive overall of the game. (ie if they just bought it and resold it)
So again not and NEVER disingenuous. as they own it.
Even less so (if not never is not strong enough) since they are and have totally redone All of the animation, most of the sound, all of the textures and (most/all?) of the models. and a massive overall of the engine.
If not for that then ???
Note this is a big point for me, (the reason I am harping on it) Since I have been part of allot of projects, some acquired, some I was part of the acquired. etc. and everyone should be in the credits regardless what happened. And they will be here, but the releasing company has pride of position and gets there logo put anywhere they want. Previous owning companies will get credit but has no right to supersede this.
This is important the people understand these dynamics.

(Cyan Leader) #17

If you truly think that then why aren’t you complaining about Sierra’s logos in the original games? Relic coded the game and all, Sierra was just the publisher. In fact they actively harmed the sequel by rushing it and scrapping everything from Dust Wars while Gearbox has only helped the series so far.

It didn’t say ‘Sierra; software’. But anyway, I think we will just have to agree to disagree.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #19

Let’s end it there, then.

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #20