Will SHiFT codes redeem on my Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

I first started playing Borderlands 2 on Xbox 360 and then moved to Xbox One when I bought the Handsome Collection (physical). I didn’t transfer my old save, but started a new one on the Xbox One.

I’ve redeemed some SHiFT-codes through the website on PC.

My Shift account is linked with my Xbox Live account.

When I open Borderlands 2 and go to extra - shift, I’m seeing this:

But when I go into my game itself, no Golden Keys appear when I go to the Golden Chest in Sanctuary.

Is it possible that the Golden Keys are only available on my Xbox 360 game? (which I haven’t been able to check) or am I still doing something wrong?

I also haven’t received my 75 golden keys on B1 GOTY, so I’m starting to get a little bit annoyed with this golden keys situation.

But I’m staying positive and hopefull someone will be able to help me.

2 Likes

Im on x one have same trouble 75 key redeemed some SHiFT-codes is accept …in game no key

1 Like

Not sure what’s going on with the 75 keys thing. There have been a lot of reports of the same thing on PS4, and a handful on XB1. The only thing I can suggest at this point is filing a support ticket.

@DeStijn - sorry, didn’t see your post earlier. I’m assuming that when you redeemed the codes through the website, you selected “Redeem on XBL” for the platform? My understanding is that the rewards should then appear in whichever version of the game you launch and sign in to SHIiFT from first. So if you’d launched the HC version first, the should be there.

I think I’ve only redeemed the Community Day skin codes through the web site, and I haven’t launched my 360 copy of BL2 for a while; they all came through in my HC BL2 ok. Do those show up for you? IOW, is it just the keys that are missing, or are the Maya, Sal, and Zer0 heads and skins also missing in-game?

1 Like

@VaultHunter101 Thank you for taking the time to reply to my question.

To answer your question: the skins did appear in-game, the keys however didn’t.

I’ve tried to redeem some other codes using the in-game SHiFT menu and those ones were successful, so I was very pleased to finally get to open a Golden Chest for once :smile:

I also submitted a support ticket for the 75 Golden Keys in B1 GOTY and I will await the outcome.

2 Likes