Will There be a Mac Release?

Is there any plan for a mac release at any point? And if so is there a general expected time frame for it?

I would love one, but I don’t think Gearbox has said anything about it.

I’m not aware of any statement by gearbox on this. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Gbx supported Borderlands on Mac, so they do do it sometimes. I do think they’ll at least get the code working better on pc before porting, though.

It’s actually due to Gearbox’s good history on mac releases that I have some hope. Otherwise I would just assume it wouldn’t happen, and silently cry and try to get wineskin to work correctly. Thank you for the response by the way.

I don’t think so either, but I supposed that someone on the forums might have heard something I hadn’t. Or, by some magical occurrence that will honestly never happen, get a response from one of the employees.

Just want to let developers know that we’re also waiting for the mac version.
We are 4 people in our shared flat - our whole group is either on mac or linux (as is nearly everyone in our circles).
Come on guys - don’t forget about the non-windows crowd -we 're not the hopeless minority anymore :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love this also. I bought a PC because I had little hope for a mac release.

I am still hoping for a Mac port.

Aren’t there emulation tools like Wine for Linux that would let you run Windows games on your OS ?

Yes, but wine does have some flaws. The launcher and multiplayer refuse to work on wine.

Okay, was just wondering if this option was at least explored, not a Linux/Apple user myself so I couldn’t test it myself :stuck_out_tongue:

I think they will do it after finishing up the patches on the windows version. I doubt they want to have to write patches twice, one for Windows one for Mac every time.