Will there be an option to turn down the overly flashy effects?

Just finished watching the gameplay reveal, and I have a concern. Just like with Battleborn, some of the effects are just … overly flashy, and its extremely difficult to focus on whats going on with all these bullet patterns and different kinds of explosions flying around. This was primarily in the Promethean firefight sequence, and I’m guessing more areas of the game could be “visually heated” like that!

I do not have any “visual sensory overloads” in BL1 and 2, but 3 has me very concerned on that department. I’m pretty sure I am not the only one out there who has difficulty with this. Sensory over stimulation issues suck!

Just an option to turn down the flash a bit would be very appreciated, if that’s even possible.

6 Likes

I hope they put something like that in the game cause i have epilepsy so it could hurt my eyes . But i really hope you get to have that setting cause . I feel like that could atract many more people to the borderlands fanbase.

This IMO is one of the downsides of visual advancement in video games. My mother stopped playing most games when they transitioned from 2D to 3D because 3D games started giving her motion sickness while playing.

The lighting effects in BL2 made it almost impossible to see what was going on in the game at times.

They were the worst opponents on the field, in certain areas.

“Bloom”, isnt it?