Windows 10 BL2 not working

Hello, i downloaded windows 10 earlier today, and have had some issues. Borderlands 2 will not load up. It comes up with the old launcher, and it immediately closes and says there was an issue loading borderlands 2. Is there any known fix to this issue? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Finally got a real error message: General protection fault!

History: GetPluginCount() Address = 0xdc0fd9 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]
GetPluginCount() Address = 0xdc6d0a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]
GetPluginCount() Address = 0xdc6d0a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]

FINAL EDIT: I finally fixed this issue by completely removing the game from my PC and reinstalling it, and then going into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32 and then running “Borderlands2” in administrator mode. This is the ONLY way i can launch the game now, but at least it is accessible.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

Did you do a clean installation of windows 10, or you just upgraded?
Im not an expert or anything but I think you should try to reinstall.

Try installing BL2 somewhere else than the Program Files (x86) folder. In Steam you can make new libraries. Make a new one and install BL 2 there.

Reinstall windows 10?

Okay, I’ll try this.

Keep in mind, W10 is still fairly new, and it might take another few updates before every program is compatible.
In the scenario that the game worked like it should on your previously used OS that is.

1 Like

No, I meant reinstall Borderlands 2.

Yes, i tried this.

I also am having issues with Windows 10 and borderlands 2. Mine however is slightly different. My launcher is fine my game loads however after about 5min of playing the game crashing and the screen turns rainbow and pixely. im forced to restart my comptuer. This only started happening after i used a free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8.
Will keep posed if i find a fix.
Fixes are appreciated

This sounds like either a bad driver or your GPU overheating. I’d check the later first: make sure you don’t have any dust in your computer and that all of your fans are working properly. You can also try lowering your graphical settings to see if that fixes it until nVidia/AMD can get a good Windows 10 driver out.

i dual boot windows 10 and BL2 runs fine. Your screen issue is most likely a driver issue. i’m guessing you have the standard windows driver instead of your gpu driver active. redownload your gpu driver. i had to do that bc it has taking frickin forever to load.

OP: do this