Here’s another build writeup from your’s truly. The name comes from the augments (two for SNTNL, two for the Barrier). Partially inspired by @Faux_Pirate’s “The Flash” build, pared down for lvl 50 and redistributed to get Calm, Cool, Collected.
Like “The Flash” (and @GatoDelFuego’s SuperSonic Sawed-Off Shotgunner build), most of Zane’s gun damage buffs are going to be implicit in Violent Momentum. While I would have liked to reach Hitman’s capstone, I couldn’t get it, CCC, and Nerves of Steel - so I compromised, and got Under Cover’s capstone instead. Anyway, into the build.
This is not how I would level Zane, it’s just a fun idea once he’s at level cap.
It’s going to be easier to list the skills I don’t take, and why, than to explain the skills I did take… so I’ll take a shot at that, instead.
- Adrenaline: We don’t need any action skill cooldown rate, because we’re sporting CCC. Hopefully between Nanites, Ready for Action, the Barrier, and Refreshment my shield and health stay topped up, so cooldown never comes into play during combat.
- Rise to the Occasion: Why bother, when Nanites does it better?!
- Best Served Cold (1/5): I’m not putting 4 points here because, ironically, I don’t want my cryo novas to kill anything. I want stuff to freeze, absolutely, but to proc Refreshment I want them to soak as much damage after being frozen as possible.
The main interactions out of this skill tree are Best Served Cold proccing CCC and Refreshment, while keeping free movement speed from Charged Relay, shields topped up with Nanites & Ready for Action, and Nerves of Steel turning every weapon into a Hyperion. Needless to say, I’ll be keeping that barrier in carry mode for full mobility.
Where I want CCC to keep the barrier always up, I want the drone to die right after tossing me a grenade & launching Almighty Ordinance. That way, I can serve it up again and proc all those sweet kill skills (including Futility Belt for survival) with Seein’ Red. Zane’s comin’ in hot!
- Violent Momentum: This is going to net Zane some absolutely crazy damage if it upscales as his default movement speed increases.
- Violent Speed: Speaking of movement speed increases, this will keep Zane blitzing across the map. Hopefully the percent adds with Charged Relay.
- Cold Bore: Free Cryo?! Sweet Sno-Cones! Unfortunately, I usually struggle with taking full advantage of these kinds of swap-then-kill skills until I’m in Fight For Your Life with nothing reloaded… Maybe I’ll move these skill points into Violent Violence or Playing Dirty.
- Cool Hand: Reload speed = DPS. Need I say more?
- Drone Delivery: If Duct tape mod was a tier 1 skill, I’d take it instead. Unfortunately, I’m probably going to be stuck never using my grenades… what do y’all think I should use with the Sentry?
- Seein’ Red: If the fight won’t come to me, I’ll go to the fight! This should also be an immense help with bosses. Especially if those bosses can kill the drone.
- Barrier. Procs kill skills, gives movement speed… Pick 'er up & run with it!
- Get to the fight. Launch SNTNL right in the middle of the mob/in front of the boss, paint a baddie for Almighty Ordinance, and retreat. Hip-fire all the way!
- SNTNL dies, Calm Cool Collected continues to proc, so it gets thrown right back out. Hopefully CCC can keep the barrier fresh. Repeat until everything’s dead.
- Have a footrace with your rocket launcher to blammo a badass’s face!
Zane is going to be fast & furious & tanky. I really can’t think of much more I’d want! My only real concern is that Stiff Upper Lip only resists elemental damage types - therefore not stacking with Futility Belt. Although, if splash damage can still apply DOTs even though it’s treated as non-elemental, perhaps it will still be useful.
Comments, reworks, off-topic shenanigans… all welcome. Also equipment speculation!
EDIT: Doofus forgot to put in a skill tree link. Pic for redemption!