[WIP] Project Sanctuary - New release! Bloodshots!

(Dopefiend) #81

I will be creating a full line of Bandit Technicals and Racers for the full release, but if I feel up to it I may attempt other vehicles. I did have the idea of motor bikes which I think would be pretty badass.

(haha - nailed it!) #82

This is looking good - remember to let me know when’s it ready for me to add to my links post

(Sleep Master) #83

Here are some screenshots about new Eridian Shield parts I have been working on lately:

And ofc classic old one:

They will be randomly generated in the same way normal shields are generated.

(kills Craw with Knoxx's Gold) #84

Wow…that is awesomely disgusting!

(Dopefiend) #85

Those are looking awesome! We should make a custom type of eridian chest that only spawns those type of weapons.

(Sleep Master) #86

Well we can use my old black chest project for them:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21135024/Borderlands/Soon…jpg

Also I have a plan to make Eridian Shop for buying weapons and shields.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #87

:heart:

[quote=“Dopefiend, post:81, topic:377672”]
I did have the idea of motor bikes which I think would be pretty badass.
[/quote]Single occupant motorbike or a pandora styled bike+side car?

[quote=“SleepMaster, post:86, topic:377672”]
Eridian Shop for buying weapons and shields.
[/quote]That would be awesome!!!

(Dopefiend) #88

I was thinking single occupants, but the side car idea is interesting.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #89

Random idea, maybe have both and one could be the alternate “weapon” version? Example: Primary would be single occupant and has a badass gun or something near where the sidecar would hook up to it and the alt. version would have the sidecar attached to it instead of the gun? Might be too tough/tricky to do without having actual dev tools and such but who knows?

(Dopefiend) #90

That is what I was thinking have two separate vehicles; a single seater bike and one with a side car as I don’t believe it would be possible to make a side car magically appear when a second player wants to get in.

This is definitely doable and you made me realize there are already bike models I can use from Torgues dlc! :smiley:

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #91

[quote=“Dopefiend, post:90, topic:377672”]
That is what I was thinking have two separate vehicles; a single seater bike and one with a side car as I don’t believe it would be possible to make a side car magically appear when a second player wants to get in.
[/quote]Yeah, could be tricky having the sidecar magically attach itself without issues (sure, it’s hidden but the game thinks it’s still there so it causes collision issues or it kills the driver since the car he was in vanished, etc)

[quote=“Dopefiend, post:90, topic:377672”]
This is definitely doable and you made me realize there are already bike models I can use from Torgues dlc! :smiley:
[/quote]Wait… you can import those!?!

(Dopefiend) #92

I haven’t ever even looked at them, but yeah with enough work almost anything is possible. I assume all of the required bones and sockets would be there since bandits already ride them.

(Sleep Master) #93

My Eridian Shop project:

What do you guys think?

(Dopefiend) #94

Very cool. I think we will need to figure out a way to touch on the eridians to make use of all this awesome stuff.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #95

Sucks, we all know what’s in Vaults and it ain’t weapons and quality loot.

For reals though kinda cool reusing an asset such as the Vault.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #96

Time that I step in and show some of my work on this project (this is one of my “TDW” maps).

Take note that this is map is in a extremely RAW stage a.t.m. as this was just done in 1 day… Yes I’ve just began working on this map today, but I’ve drawn a sketch for my self in what kind of way I want it. If you get a “Skag Gully” feeling from it then you’d be correct as that is my major source of inspiration for this map. But as its name implies “Scrap…” it will be like a cross in between Skag Gully and junk.

The Scrapbelt

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #97

Ooh! Pretty :smile_cat:

(Jan S.) #98

so…is this dead?

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #99

I don’t think so. It takes a while to get from an idea to anything tangible that people will be interested in.

Plus with all the Holidays around now people will probably have most projects on Hiatus while they see distant family.

On the other side of that though, I have a computer that can now play Borderlands rather than being only on console so I’d like to see this finished.

@Mr_GJ @Dopefiend @SleepMaster do you use Unreal Engine for this?
If so do you have any tutorials or any hints and tips for someone whose just playing around with it?
Also what do you use to make your own assets?
And is there any tutorials?

(Jan S.) #100

I asked because both of them are working on something else now: