[WIP] Project The Dust Wastes - "unofficial" 5th DLC! (New Images!)

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #41

Thanks bruv. We appreciate it. :smiley:

(Sleep Master) #42

I know that @Mr_GJ will kill me but I decided I will reveal how Ug-Thak looks like:

(3lolekmaster) #43

You ALMOST got me sir, ALMOST XD

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #44

(edit)

New Deep Cathedral pictures everyone! :smiley:

(edit)

The amount of lighting the Deep Cathedral needs is off the scale… Even the Lost Cave from the vanilla game cowers in fear from it! :dizzy_face:

(Some say sic sense) #45

Just wondering: you know how all of the campaign DLCs from BL1 and BL2 follow a similar naming scheme? It’s always either:

• [someone]'s [something] (Mad Moxxi’s Underdome Riot, Claptrap’s New Robot Revolution, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage, Sir Hammerlock’s Big game Hunt, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep)
  • The [something] of [someone] (The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx)
  • Exception: Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty (which still fits, but has a different structure)

Now, my question is: what about The Dust Wastes? Will you break the rule and just leave the name as is, or will we get another new major baddie to accompany the title?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #46

I’m very much aware of GBX naming structures for their stuff. And We’ll probs have something in a similar build-up. However as we still really haven’t gotten a name for our last boss we can’t really make up a name for the DLC yet. So for now its just codenamed TDW.

Thanks for listing this out though.

((GIT)r-man) #47

“Mr. GJ and His Rampant Zebras”

“Captain Sleepmaster and His Forty Winks Of Doom”

“Dr. Phsychic-Hazard and His Mind Melting Monocle”

:stuck_out_tongue:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #48

Where did this came from? XDXDXDXD

(Sleep Master) #49

“Forty Winks Of Doom” rotfl xD

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #50

“Gitface191 With His 10000-Yards Pokerface.”

(edit)

Check out that groovy new map p*rn guys! XD (She’s really close to being finished)

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #51

Spiffy! :smile_cat:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #52

Apart from the DC still needing a music system, I do believe she’s 100% finished…

(edit)

Scratch that she still needs a lot of finetuning… Me and @Sleepmaster are really benchpressing the shizniz outta this map + Ug-Thak lately.

(edit)

(edit)

@JoeKGBX (I @'ted you Joe so I can express my “thumbs-up-ness” to at least someone at GBX directly, and who better then the Community Overlord? XD )

HOLY SH*T, am I tempted to hit that “apply for this job online” button… Stupid thing is I live on the other side of the planet. Granted that the form says that you don’t necessarily need a degree of sorts. I’d rather get my degree at the NHTV like I mentioned one of my past video’s so I’m even better prepared for the real deal. Props to you guys at GBX giving newguys a chance with your COGS programme, its super awesome to see you guys doing that and I can not commend you enough for it!

https://jobs-gearboxsoftware.icims.com/jobs/1142/level-design-cogs/job?iis=Social+Networks&iieid=pf1461622077843b754b

(edit)

(edit)
Hey, new pictures everyone! (May, 12th)

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #53

[quote=“Mr_GJ, post:1, topic:10058”]https://discourse-cdn-sjc1.com/gearbox/uploads/default/original/4X/3/9/7/397d53a7497d9f777c31cedd70c67029da3bd693.jpg
[/quote]

I spy a Brick in there :smile_cat:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #54

Surroundings vs. character-size comparison. Makes things… Less big…

(edit)

New insider news up-top guys! Got some “Sleepmasters Maps” scoops 4 ya’z there.

(matthewgarmsiri) #55

Do you have an estimated finish date?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #56

Not yet. But you’ll need to give us a year(and-a-half) in the very least to get anywhere close to finishing this project.

(FleshCrunch) #57

Must be a damn good DLC if it’ll take that long.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #58

You betcha. :smiley:

You guys might not see it as we won’t update our pictures 24/7. But both of us book nice progress each week. For example in the week from 30th may to 5th June, Sleepmaster made an all new, never seen before in the entire BL francise, 1000% original attacks for Ug-Thak (Our 1st raidboss). And they look and feel friggin’ amazing in action.

I myself had a moment of the most extremest of inspirational hyperboosts this week; where in less then 5 minutes flat. I construed an entire map design (Heaven’s Crown). I’m currently overflowing with idea’s for that map, and I know exactly, to the finest detail, of how to realise it. Funny thing was that the locale for Heaven’s Crown is located within the in-the-future-planned maps from Sleepmaster. So I begged him to allow me to make this one map as I’ve totally nailed its look-'n-feel in the Nth degree.

(Some say sic sense) #59

Irrational fear of falling to my death: pre-emptively triggered.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #60

How about a 3 minute or less time-lapse styled video of you working on it? Hmm… second thought maybe shoot some footage but save it for when you release this into the wild? Could include it in the unveiling :smile_cat: