[WIP] Project The Dust Wastes - "unofficial" 5th DLC! (New Images!)

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #101

I know that it has been a while folks, but hopefully I’ll have something to show for around new-years eve. :smiley:

(edit)

Maybe I was lying, uhmm, ran into some lighting/texture issues with the map. Gotta work those out first.

(edit)

Belay that, fixed it I believe. Hopefully somewhere dis week. ;-p

(edit)

As promised, new HC pictures. She now has a fully fledged Dynamic Lighting system, complete with a Day/Night cycle woven into it (not shown). The only things left are some more scripting on various events that happen within the map and trying to squash the MAJOR collision detection bug it has. And then she’s about finished in a shippable format (game dev.'s never believe in “finished” products, such things don’t exist in our book).

(edit)

(edit)

NEW PICTURES OF THE FINALISED, INITIAL, BUILD OF HEAVEN’S CROWN EVERYONE! :smiley:

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #102

If only there was an open beta/aplha of sorts for this to just run around in it and explore :blsad:

(Some say sic sense) #103

Pretty sure there will be a closed beta/alpha as a Patreon bonus.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #104

Yep.

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #105

Closed though :dukesad:[quote=“Mr_GJ, post:104, topic:10058, full:true”]
Yep.
[/quote]

Still sad

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #106

Well if U Patreon then it’ll magically open 2 u. XD

(Angry Crux Azure Unit) #107

No spare cash unfortunately, like literally no spare cash :dukesad:

(haha - nailed it!) #108

great - totally agree, the originals are fun weapons but underpowered - though i wonder if that isn’t a tradeoff due to their not needing ammo?

(Sleep Master) #109

For how rare they are its a bit too much of tradeoff and well honestly were ammo ever really a problem in Borderlands?

(haha - nailed it!) #110

yes too true - btw i had a real phase of only using them as i wanted to get xp points with them up to max - so played quite a few maps using them only - after mostly being able to wipe out everything at will with other weapons, it was a real challenge, though as they got more powerful as my experience with them grew, they were MUCH better - something to bear in mind actually

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #111

(edit)

Did a little live stream yesterday:

(edit)

Might see some new pictures soon from both me and Sleep. :smiley:

(edit)

Updated the new hostiles picture showcase, go check. :smiley:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #112

Whew lads!

Its been a while, but there are now images available for watch on the Deep Cathedral vers. 2.0. Completely reworked lighting and layout for the “secret island” and the actual arena. It was a tough job, but I nailed it. :smiley:

(Caleb de Boer) #113

Love it! looks amazing, keep up the great work!

(Jonbellamy31) #114

can you add badass explosive elemental skags rakks scythids spiderants crabworms and more that would be good

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #115

That’s not up to me to decide.

(Jonbellamy31) #116

what about sleep

(Jonbellamy31) #117

I think it would be a good idea

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #118

I dunno, Sleep is the guy that goes over all things NPC. He’d be a better judge over this then I. @SleepMaster. Wake up!

(Sleep Master) #119

I changed Asskicking Skag to do explosive damage, gave him explosive spit attack, there is also Asskicking Alpha Skag. About other enemies they have explosive variant as well.

Sorry but I dont have picture of Crabworm and Spiderant

(Jonbellamy14) #120

Nice work sleep