[WIP] Project The Dust Wastes - "unofficial" 5th DLC! (NEW IMAGES)

(Jonbellamy14) #161

I want to help with ideas

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #162

I’m fairly sure that the guys are past the ideas stage and would appreciate help with the actual making, if that’s what they need.

I’m also fairly sure that whilst suggestions are welcome, it would be far better to structure your suggestions better and perhaps in more depth.

Please remember that they are under no obligation whatsoever to use such suggestions, or accept whatever help you hope to offer.

(Jonbellamy14) #163

Alright bro

(rolee9309) #164

You are right.
I didn’t want to offend anybody, just wanted to make clear (If Grimmjow’s reply wasn’t clear enought) if he has ideas and an own dlc, share with us or show us (or at least to Gj), because they will got stuck in a “I have ideas and stuff - then show me (repeat this infinite times)” circle :smiley: .

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #165

@jonbellamy14, check your pms, please.

Back on topic, now folks, thanks.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #166

Much obliged @Psychichazard. It’s my bad I didn’t call you earlier. I was contemplating, but I had too much going on at this time to really bother all too much.

But yes, we’re pretty far into the DLC and got things figured out of what to do for the DLC to make it good as heck. Its not like we’re not taking in suggestions, but we’re fairly critical on it. And pretty much all of the ideas don’t get past our reasoning-check and scope-check.

We are very serious on the grounds of actual help with the DLC as an extra man/woman on board the dev. team, hence us taking people who come out and offer such help very seriously. This DLC is hard and tedious work for just 2 guys and all the actual help is appreciated.

(Jonbellamy14) #167

Do you think it would be a good idea to add badass cryo enemies rolee

(rolee9309) #168

Well if the dlc will contain cyro element (weapons, enemies, etc.) then yes!
But as I saw on the pictures, slagged enemies will exist, and this has the same role as ice, bit why not both? We’ll see.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #169

In case you didn’t get the memo earlier.

We fully understand your excitement. But both me and Sleep would love it if everyone (including you) to STOP giving suggestions.

We’re NOT taking them into account and they will NOT BE added to the DLC.

Thank you.

(Jonbellamy14) #170

Sorry

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #171

Its okay. Just pointing it out. :wink:

(Jonbellamy14) #172

Is that the custom 5th dlc or is it a different 1

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #173

Considering the title of the thread is

[WIP] Project The Dust Wastes - “Unofficial” 5th DLC!

I’m pretty sure everything in this thread posted by Sleepmaster or Mr_GJ (unless otherwise stated by them, and them alone) is related to the custom 5th DLC.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #174

Remember that if you wish to get in-between progress updates on the 5th, then join our Discord. Me and Sleep post sneakpeaks there at regular basis, so you can see it progress better then the images here which are only shot when something is completed. https://discord.gg/5pzGb6w

(edit)

Won’t be long now until I post some real cool progression pic’s on some maps and hostiles Sleepmaster has been working on. Remember that only “finished” items are posted here, as stated above we feature WiP images on our Discord often. So if you wanna follow foot, join the Discord server and say hi!

(edit)

New images of The Scrapbelt are up folks. Do note that the images are taken from inside the UDK and the map does look different in-game due to post-processing, keep this in mind when you look at the images. That and lighting in UDK is strangely off. Anyway, I’ll see if I’ll upload some images of the Oil Tubes in progress soon as well.

Note that this is v2.0 for TSB and will be its final form, there will be tweaks of course, but its not gonna differ too much. Hopefully Sleep will get off his lazy ass and provide me image material on the things he’s been doing, which is crazy much btw.

(edit)

Wew lads, even more update images. Sleepmaster provided me with some image material on hostiles he’s feels confident in parting with. Note that all NPC’s are very hefty subjects to change and may differ in the final product.

(edit)

Updated the image gallery a bit.

(edit)

Updated the image gallery with new progression images. Sorry that it’s been a while. But in between me making several games and publishing them, Sleep getting a new job and working hard. We’ve had little time to work on the 5th. As for the Oil Tubes, its a massive map so there is a lot to do, currently about 35% done with the Whitebox stage of the map. So no details, just the raw shape of it. Hence the images being slightly disorientating as there is no real point of reference to use. Just take it from me its a MASSIVE map, with lots of twisting, winding, branching paths that circle each other, etc.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #175

Noticed I forgot to add some images from the interior of the Relay Station.

(Jonbellamy14) #176

Have u guys been working on any enemies or bosses recently?

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #177

Sleepmaster took some time off from his NPC work to focus on some loot overhauls the DLC will contain.

(Jonbellamy14) #178

Ok I can’t wait for the dl
c to come out

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #179

Uploaded new progression images on the Oil Tubes and Red Sand Dome. I should’ve done this earlier but I was too lazy. Anyway the North Bank of the OT is now fully whiteboxed. Took the liberty of starting a bit of the detailing just to set the tone for the rest of the map. I realise its hard to look at the images as there is no real point of reference to truly see depth in the clusterbomb of rocky formations the map is in its current state.

Anyway with the whitebox of that map being done I’ve moved to the Red Sand Dome and started that maps’ blockout. Seeing as I’ll need to use a lot of Brushing it’s imperative that I start of using simple meshes to sort of showcase the actual shape of the structures before I start with the geometry, as geometry has the nasty tendency of being quite the nasty pucker to clean up in UE3 if you make mistakes, etc.

The map itself is wholly devised out of human structures (Its an Oil Refinery complex) and thus will feature lots of geometric shapes. Once the blockout/whitebox of said map is on a sufficient level I’ll move to the Underbelly which is the PvP arena underneath this map.

(edit)

I know it’s been a slight while, but I finally got around to making some progression images of RSD. Progress is kinda meh considering I’m working on a game for the Nintendo Switch atm (Can’t say more than that cuz NDA) and my time outside of working on that game is kinda meh as well. So working on RSD is kinda minimal. But regardless I still am doing my best out there!