WorkshopTool not working

I made a mod on the workshop using workshoptool but the only reply when I type is: foldername xxxxx does not exist. Did you specify the full path name ?

even though I did. Does anyone know a fix?

Did you create the “config.txt” file?

If so, could you show the contents here, maybe there is a typo.

// Example config file for Homeworld Remastered and Homeworld Classic Workshop MODs

// This is a comment line. Any line that begins with 2 forward slashes is ignored.
// Config items consist of a keyword followed by a colon followed by data specifically
// for that keyword. For example: “Title: My First Homeworld MOD”. Data for a keyword
// must appear on the same line as the keyword. The only exception to this rule is the
// “Description:” keyword which must appear on a line by itself followed by lines of text
// that will be used as the description of the item in the Steam Workshop. All text that
// appears after the “Description:” keyword will become part of the item description on
// Steam Workshop. The description text is limited to 8,000 characters total in length.

// title of the MOD that appears on the Steam Workshop (limited to 128 characters)
Title: Kushan And Taiidan Shipyards

// tags must be individual words separated by spaces.
Tags: homeworld ship shipyard

// gametype is the type of game this MOD is designed for and can be any of: “HW1Classic”, “HW2Classic”, or “HomeworldRM” (without the double quotes) separated by spaces
GameType: HomeworldRM

// modtype is the type of mod for the game and can be any one of: “MOD”, “Locale”, “Badges”, or “Cursors”
ModType: MOD

// bigfilename is the file name you want to use for your .big file (this should be a single word with no spaces).
// for ModType ‘Locale’ this MUST match the name of the language in the ‘locale’ folder of your Locale MOD.
BigFilename:shipyardforhw1races.big

// WorkshopID is the Steam Workshop item number assigned to this item when you first create it.
// This should be 0 by default before you create your Workshop item and the Workshop Tool will
// set it to the Workshop Item number. DO NOT modify this number once you have created a Workshop
// item. It will be used to update the workshop item when you make changes to your MOD later on.
WorkshopID: 0

// description that will appear on the Steam Workshop for this item
Updated version of taiidan shipyard mod that will be discontinued due to bugs with WorkshopTool. It also attempts to fix the instant crash bug when building from it and tries to fix the inability to research it and build it.
The biggest change is the addition of the Kushan shipyard that is still a work in progress. Please report any bugs and comments to me and all people that have the Taiidan Shipyard mod should unsubscribe and use this one instead.

I don’t see anything wrong here, except for the lack of space after “BigFilename:”
Could you write the full location of the config file?
ex. : “I:\DataMymod\config.txt”

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Homeworld\HomeworldRM\HW1SHIPYARDS

Do you have keeper.txt and your preview.jpg in there also?

Yes but do they need to be named .txt or just be txt fileimage s?

Try moving your data folder as close as your root as possible, like I shown in my previous example, and use the full location in your command like this:

Ex. : create C:\HW1SHIPYARDS

The tool has issue with some locations that contain spaces.

yes they need the actual extension, that’s how windows knows what a file is.

Works apart from this problem:

Config.txt validation failed (line number 35): Unrecognized input: Updated version of taiidan shipyard mod. The biggest change is the addition of the Kushan shipyard that is still a work in progress. Please report any bugs and comments to me and all people that have the Taiidan Shipyard mod should unsubscribe and use this one instead.

lol if it doesn’t work, try it 20 more times right?

You’re missing “Description:” on line 35 and line 36 should be your actual description.

// description that will appear on the Steam Workshop for this item
Description:
Updated version of taiidan shipyard mod that will be discontinued due to bugs with WorkshopTool. It also attempts to fix the instant crash bug when building from it and tries to fix the inability to research it and build it.
The biggest change is the addition of the Kushan shipyard that is still a work in progress. Please report any bugs and comments to me and all people that have the Taiidan Shipyard mod should unsubscribe and use this one instead.
1 Like

That might help :blush:

Another problem, workshoptool does this strange thing:image

Uploaded 94,866,208 of 47,433,664 bytes
Steam error updating item: Error code = k_EResultFail

Might i ask what internet connection you are using…because iv noticed that on faster connections you don’t get that problem where it says its done more than it needs to

10/30 mbps

1 Like

Does anyone know why my mod is ~600MB, yet the WorkshopTool only uploads ~5MB on my latest update? Is the tool smart enough to only upload a diff with the changes?

I think the tool can distinguish between previous files and edited ones. No sense in uploading the entire mod every single time when only a few files were edited. In an initial test mod, the edits and updates were minuscule compared to initial upload for me. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

Sweet.

1 Like

It’s correct.

Steam is good for this : Only download the file received change. Save time ! And of course, it’s works. ^^

1 Like