Worst M4 modifier?

I have been playing TVHM M4 for a while. I normally don’t even look at the modifiers but at times I just start dying constantly and every time that happens when I look at the modifiers it’s always “Enemies fire 2 additional projectiles per shot”. It seems to be the only modifier that gives me trouble consistently.

Are others having similar issues with this modifier (or other ones) or is it just me?

1 Like

Thanks for linking that. I should have searched first.

1 Like

Actually I don’t even care much about that one. The one I hate most is increased splash damage radius. I wondered in the DLC why Super Claptrap downed me all the ■■■■■■■ time and I had no chance to evade his explosions. Then checked the map and realised this modifier was going on.

This is actually the one modifier that makes me reroll. I ■■■■■■■ hate it.

1 Like

Reduced critical damage in my book. On M4 you really need to be hitting those crits in order to keep up with enemy health and having that nerfed is just annoying as all hell. Genuinely the only modifier I’ve rerolled every single time I’ve gotten it.

1 Like

Reduced critical damage is a pretty questionable modifier to me, like hitting crits is a fundamental mechanic of the game and they have made almost everything able to crit in this game. There is no case that it promotes a change in playstyle it just makes you do less damage…

Interesting. I go for headshots so I don’t like reduced crit, either but it’s much more manageable because it just draws the fight out a bit longer and I can survive that. However, I can’t survive the 2 projectiles when breaking into new areas with lots of enemies firing 2 extra projectiles. The fight ends for me at the start.

1 Like