Worst/Most Stupid Thing You've Done

When I first played this game in beta (in a private match), I chose Orendi (who I now love). I only read her passive in the small screen. Only after release did I realize that it did not say to use Nullify before SP. I thought I was supposed to run up, use Nullify, then drop my pillar. I only used this combo when both were finished cooling down. So I waited for Nullify’s long cooldown. I thought she was bad. Nope! Just my eyes! How bout yall?

Dash with Deande on Sabo…Look Ma I can flyyyyyyyy :smile:

3 Likes

Though I’m on PC I don’t use a keyboard. I use a Logitech G13 gamepad. I mapped the ESC to a button too close to WASD and every once in a while I’ll be attacking and strafing and accidentally hit ESC. I always imagine the look of utter confusion on the part of my opponent when my Battleborn suddenly stops attacking and just stands there for a couple seconds. This has gotten me killed multiple times. But now that the loadout popup bug has finally been fixed I’ve moved the ESC key to a place where it cannot be accidentally pressed.:smile_cat:

1 Like

Boldur Dashing off the map on Heliophage because my teammate killed the Thrall I was about to knock off the map.

9 Likes

For real I can’t count how many times i’ve done that -_-

1 Like

Repetitively knock myself off the map with Whiskey Foxtrot’s knock back effect thinking it was an enemy projectile…

4 Likes

Early in the game’s life: Took Nades on Nades over Fragcendiary (many many more times than once…).

Now: Stay in advanced matchmade groups even when 3 of the players are <CR10, picked Sab/Exp/Helio, and chose squishies. AKA the “Caldy and Orendi need to be rezzed again (again)” experience.

6 Likes

I wish I could like more than once.

1 Like

Picking Firestorm everytime on Montana, thinking it was clearly better (He was my first char)
Also countless greedy chases to try and get kills as Alani and Whiskey that were foiled by buildables

7 Likes

Triggered Calderius’ attack with jump back - straight off a cliff on Archive, of course.

2 Likes

Oh lord, between falling off the stage in the Heliophage twice in a row to basically everytime I step into PvP, I am doing something stupid. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

Selecting the wrong helix option in the heat of the moment.

11 Likes

Totally have done that one too.

2 Likes

Playing el dragon and getting to lvl 4 but your playing a couple other characters on the roster so you auto pick left at lvl 4 instead of right making clothesline an utter death sentence for you

3 Likes

Yeah, that happened to me a lot in the first ~20 hours into the game. :sweat_smile:
On the bright side, this prepared me for PvP in some way, as I learned to only open the Helix when there’s time to skill right.

2 Likes

The interesting thing about making helix choices in the heat of the moment is that you actually should do it because some helix choices are game changers in the heat of battle. Take OM or WF napalm options. If you are in the middle of a skirmish and being overrun picking that option in the heat of battle can dramatically change the outcome of the skirmish.

1 Like

Oooh I did that to a phoebe with whiskey. Stuck her with 2 sticky grenades and poped on my napalm before they exploded. Was a little surprised that it triggered but thought it was awesome

5 Likes

I didn’t discover until literally last weekend that you could charge Thorn’s arrows.

Oh my lord…

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::flushed::scream:

4 Likes

@Darkeus

I LOVE your avatar, by the way.

Ghost in the Shell is my favourite anime series of all time!

6 Likes

Absolutely second this! GitS is the best :heart:

On-topic:
Using Nullify in Saboteur just to flyyyyyyyyyyyy into the void. Or Phoebe, with a nice Phasegate into Tempests smog clouds…

5 Likes