Worst type of enemies in the game (discussion)

Skeleton mages with anyone except Maya. With her, it’s not hard to phaselock them.
Rabid ANYTHING.
Pestilent Stalkers.

A note about wormhole threshers. What can work, for a while anyway, is a Spike shield. While you are taking damage from them, they are getting hit by you. And if you have a Sham, a rocket launcher is a good bet.

For me, it would be these:

Surveyors (any variety) - stupidly annoying, hard to hit unless lining for attack or reparing a bot, they tend to fly all around the place and their ion blasts make short work of pretty much any shield.

Buzzards - flying enemies are generally annoying as hell in FPS games, these guys are no exception. Again, quite hard to hit sometimes, the need to track them all over the sky (and possibly overlooking that badass who kills you) and generally being an annoyance. The game would be far better without flying enemies… only Rakks seem to be a fair game, they are not so annoying as the rest of flyers and in groups they can still do a number on a Vault Hunter, although they are very weak individually.

Rabids - oh my… these guys are insanely fast, have stupid appetite and never stop beating you. Especially stalkers, skags are not that big deal. Huge health pool, too. Stupidly designed foes tanking a LOT of damage and being capable of downing a VH with just a few chomps.

Constructors (any variety) - yes, they can be killed pretty easily and have a huge crit spot. Provided you survive all those heatseekers these things hurl at you… another stupidly designed enemy. Some of these literally spam heatseekers while doing nothing else. What else… well, these guys are immune to slag and have massive HP pools which turns these goddamned things into huge bullet sponges… it’s simply a DPS race to see whether the VH can kill a Constructor faster than it can spam heatseekers. Sometimes Constructors build robots (that is no problem, can be dealt with just fine) or use their laser (also no big deal if there’s cover nearby). But dat heatseeker spam…

Skeleton Mages - ugh, stupid design strikes again. Mages give so little window to shoot them and although that “ghost” allows a VH to track them, it disappears shortly before the mage stops to uncloak and shoot (so the player still does not know where the Mage really is until it uncloaks and shoots - that’s too late though). Maya has it easiest, but the window to PL them is still damn short. Luckily, the Mages are physically weak, they fall apart after one or two good hits from a solid weapon (preferably a shotgun).

Eternal/Immortal Skeletaurs - the only enemies in the entire game a VH can’t get a Second Wind off. GG, Gearbox. You find few of these things alone (with no other enemy types around), get downed and are forced to die even if you down one of these skeletaurs. It should be possible to get rid of that cursed sword in FFYL to get an SW.

Jackenstein (final boss of the Hammerlock DLC) - oh man. A prime example of a bad boss design in BL2. If you make a boss that can be hurt only in certain places and nowhere else, you are doing it wrong. It really does not need any further comment. Critical spots on bosses and enemies are fine because you can hurt the foe everywhere on his/her/its body/mass, it’s just that hitting crit spots deals more damage. But making Jackenstein who is completely immune to damage except being hit in specific locations… no, that’s really stupid design. Sidenote: Crystalisks are similar in design, but far more bearable because their vulnerable spots are huge and can be dealt with easily. I never had too much trouble with Crystalisks, but Jackenstein caused me to rage more than once… Oh, and this guy also deflects EVERYTHING that hits him anywhere but weak spots… including rockets. GG.

Anything that deflect bullets - BUL Loaders, PWR Loaders, Crystal Skeletons. Ah, bullet deflection really is a bad idea to have on an enemy. Especially Crystal Skeletons, which deflect ALL bullets that hit them (the Loaders have only arms that deflect bullets and so they can be dealt with - BULs are easier that PWRs). Only two cases of this make some sense and are somewhat acceptable - Handsome Jack (his personal surveyor makes a reflect shield for him, but is easy to track and shoot down) and Hyperius (shield-based tactic).

1 Like

[quote=“radeksvoboda1, post:22, topic:495639”]
Anything that deflect bullets - BUL Loaders, PWR Loaders, Crystal Skeletons. Ah, bullet deflection really is a bad idea to have on an enemy. Especially Crystal Skeletons, which deflect ALL bullets that hit them (the Loaders have only arms that deflect bullets and so they can be dealt with - BULs are easier that PWRs). Only two cases of this make some sense and are somewhat acceptable - Handsome Jack (his personal surveyor makes a reflect shield for him, but is easy to track and shoot down) and Hyperius (shield-based tactic).[/quote]Thank God nothing can do this:

@Raven_Ghosthawk Jackenstein deflects rockets if you hit him anywhere but a weak point. They do not home on you, though.

When shot, the bullets (including rocket launcher shots) will be reflected in random directions, potentially harming attackers.
BL Wikia (http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fall_of_Nakayama)

Jesus…

[quote=“radeksvoboda1, post:22, topic:495639”]Ah, bullet deflection really is a bad idea to have on an enemy.[/quote]E-tech spiker pistols take care of this issue for me. If you’re in TVHM or early UVHM, they may not work due to scaling (in which case, Tediore reloads take care of business). In Normal mode (where they still kill things on their own merit) or late UVHM (where you may use the OP system to buff them), they’re wonderful; the shots stick right in the reflective parts and damage the enemy anyway.

Splat guns like the Swordplosion or Moxxi’s Slowhand are excellent counters against bullet reflection as well.

1 Like

Rabid enemies, Stalkers in particular.
Most, if not all enemies in DLC4, specially those that revive themselves if you don’t pull out the sword from their ribs (seriously, they caused many deaths for me simply because there’s no interaction in FFYL).

Not too mention how (many) enemies in DLC4 are resistant to the elements, infuriating really.

Also, e-tech rocket launchers – especially when paired with a Singularity (or Quasar) grenade against a yankable enemy: Restarted UVHM at level 57.. is this going to be trouble?

Constructors, and one of the badass surveyors (don’t remember the name) can also reflect bullets. When the constructor first comes out, it has the orange shield in front of it’s eye. That reflects bullets. You can shoot it while it is up, as long as you don’t hit the shield. And there is a super badass surveyor, or something like that, that flies around with 6 wings, and it will stop and look at you daring you to shoot it, with the orange shield facing you. Which is a major bayatch when you are in FFYL and it’s the only thing around you.

The enemies I hate the most are the ones that put you into FFYL then run behind a wall. Bastards.

That blasted Super Badass Pyro Thresher! I can deal with anything else listed here, but that bastard not only goes underground, he’ll pop up right beneath you and, if you’re unlucky, knock you into FFYL. :dukerage:

1 Like

[quote=“Gulfwulf, post:32, topic:495639, full:true”]
That blasted Super Badass Pyro Thresher! I can deal with anything else listed here, but that bastard not only goes underground, he’ll pop up right beneath you and, if you’re unlucky, knock you into FFYL.</font color>[/quote]It’s not limited to the SBPT – higher-tier Badass Varkids also do this – and at their worst, deny you a 2W by waiting out your timer.

I agree w/Gulfwulf on the SBA Pyro Thresher, especially the one in the Caustic Caverns…that sumbitch OWES me, after trying to clear what I think of as the ‘front doors’ more than once (the two closed door right at the entrance, accessed from Deep Core 6 initially). I’ve lost count as to how many millions of dollars that thing has cost me.

The worst for me is the Rabid Skags. The thing that bugs me the most about them, is that they spawn in a pack of 3 or 4 for me! I almost never see a lone rabid skag, I only get them in packs.

From main game in my opinion suicide mobs are the most annoying enemies in game, because plain suicidal humanoid enemies makes 0 sense to me, so getting killed by one is very frusturating and immersion breaking experience.

As for DLCs I find skeletons whose don’t give second winds the most annoying.

To put it simply, I’m type of person who gets angry and frusturated when I fail due to appearently nonsensical reasons, like not getting second winds from the skeletons, wtf even. As for the suicidal enemies, if they really want to die so much then why haven’t they long dead already?

The only skeletons you won’t get a second wind off of are the ones with the swords in their backs, AFAIK.

I hate buzzards and surveyors the most out of everything!

Badass varkids. Worthless agressive persistent fast-moving bullet sponges.

1 Like

I’m thankful for the enemies which frustrate me. The Rabid Skags and Stalkers, suicide bomber bandits, SBA Pyro Threshers, BA Rex, etc are part of why this game gives a feeling of accomplishment when we win or succeed.

The only enemy I wish were removed are the skeleton mages who disappear all of the time.

2 Likes